IGNORED

Matt Shea “Biblical Basis for War”

AnnaSofia

Has this been discussed? I did a search, but couldn't find anything.

Washington state Rep. Matt Shea acknowledged Wednesday he had distributed a four-page manifesto titled “Biblical Basis for War,” which describes the Christian God as a “warrior,” details the composition and strategies of a “Holy Army” and condemns abortion and same-sex marriage.

The document is organized in 14 sections with multiple tiers of bullet points and a smattering of biblical citations. Under one heading, “Rules of War,” it makes a chilling prescription for enemies who flout “biblical law.” It states, “If they do not yield – kill all males.”

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/oct/26/rep-matt-shea-takes-credit-criticism-for-document-/

• WTF 16

Someone forgot to tell Jesus.  

In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny, what a maroon.  (a scary maroon)

• Upvote 9

This is actually terrifying.  I hope that Washington voters can vote him out.  I'm afraid the idiot in office would love a war.  He probably sees himself as a warrior and I can see him being inspired by something like this idiocy.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

Isn't there that verse that says "they shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks"?

• Upvote 12

17 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Isn't there that verse that says "they shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks"?

Yes, it's in Isaiah 2.

And Jesus saying bless your enemies, bless and do not curse them, turn the other cheek, go the second mile....but these assholes never let Jesus get in the way of their agenda.  :P

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

It never ceases to amaze and appall me that so frickin many of these fundie "Christians" completely miss the entire point of Jesus. The. Entire. Point.

:5624797b0697e_headbash:

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 6

7 hours ago, Briefly said:

This is actually terrifying.  I hope that Washington voters can vote him out.  I'm afraid the idiot in office would love a war.  He probably sees himself as a warrior and I can see him being inspired by something like this idiocy.

Up until the past couple of years I would have laughed it off, but given the current atmosphere, this stuff starts to feel like the slow slide to Gilead.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

Matt's an interesting guy. He's an attorney, from a real law school, and the chair of the Republican caucus in the Washington legislature. When he is reporting to the public at large he sounds sane enough within the bounds of his very conservative politics. When he is doing one of his frequent Patriot Radio podcasts for his followers, he sounds unhinged: Our great nation is being undone by a specific, long-standing communist plan pioneered by the German Communist Party in the '30s, which is currently being executed by those ever so disciplined folks at Antifa.

He's been running without serious opposition for years, but it looks as though that may change with this new spate of publicity.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

In Washington state, I know of several efforts over time to split off geographical areas to form new, exclusive counties/states as mentioned in the article(s).  Is this a Pacific NW movement or is this currently happening in other areas of the United States?   I vaguely remember a recent proposal to divide California into five(?) states, so I suspect this sort of activity is happening elsewhere.  It seems we are getting less united and more tribal.  Hopefully this will change in the long term.  Sigh...

• Upvote 3

Years ago, there was a proposal to split off Long Island as a separate state, but it didn’t go anywhere.

• Upvote 4

Looks like this douche cannon attracted the attention of the FBI;

A Washington state lawmaker who moonlights as a wannabe theocrat has stumbled into FBI scrutiny over a how-to guide he wrote on killing non-believers and establishing a Christian theocracy.

Five-term Washington state Rep. Matt Shea has been circulating a manual for holy war in the United States, the Seattle Times reported.

The holy war manual made its way to Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich.

"I gave it straight to the FBI," Knezovich told the Seattle Times.

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1

• 1 month later...

I heard about this from the guys over at Cognitive Dissonance. On the one hand they agreed terrifying, on the other had a few good laughs saying a 4 page pamphlet is not a manifest. I have to wonder how many theocratic representatives there are on the state level who will try for the national level eventually.

• Upvote 1

On 11/2/2018 at 8:39 AM, Briefly said:

I'm afraid the idiot in office would love a war. 

The idiot in office has brought Bolton into the inner circle.  Bolton would love nothing more than a war with Iran. 

• Upvote 6

As an update to this, while he did win his election (not surprising given his district, but he won it only with 58 percent), the WA state house republicans actually grew some gonads and stripped him of his leadership position there.

I think this only happened because this year the dems made huge HUGE inroads in Eastern WA  in ways that have not been seen in many many years.  People tend to think of WA as a blue state because the Seattle area can skew the national office elections.  It is not.  Not even in the Seattle metro area.  However, times they are a changin'.  Three friends/associates of mine ran in WA state this year in districts it "wasn't possible" for a democrat to win.  2 out of the 3 won.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

He's been busy in his post-legislative career. If you want to get a view into Christian nationalist circles of influence and amplification, check out the links on his ministry Facebook site On Fire Ministries.  And bravo to the Polish mayor and others there for standing up to him.

Matt's not stupid and not simply a grifter, unlike many of the people we follow. I think he's a true believer as well as a scary guy. He is also head of a new Christian school in the Spokane area.

Edited by older than allosaurs
I forgot something
  • Upvote 2