IGNORED

Manifest on NBC

PopRox

Anybody watch this show that premiered last night? I was just flipping channels and I ran across the very beginning. It's about a group of airplane passengers who land from a mostly routine (except for some turbulence) flight, then discover that they've been missing and presumed dead for 5 1/2 years. I thought it was interesting, and want to watch again next week. Anyone else?

Watched last night (on Hulu).  The premise is interesting but some things are a bit heavy handed.  I'll keep watching for now.

I watched it, and liked it. There are things I want to discuss. I'll put them under spoilers though, so as to make it OK for people who haven't watched yet.

Spoiler

How did the data for the cancer treatment get sent out from Saanvi's computer, when she says that it was 6 years of research down the drain when the computer broke? I mean, it was 2013, so I think the Cloud existed, but I'm not sure. Also, why is Cal so important? It seems like the whole series is based on buying enough time for the cancer treatment to exist to save Cal. He's also the only one who didn't get the mind message from the plane before it spontaneously combusted (but he did wake up with weird eyes as it exploded). I mean, obviously, the answers are: Aliens. Singularity. Wormholes.

• 4 weeks later...

I've watched the last couple of weeks. So far I really like it. Normally this wouldn't be something I'd bother watching but I'm really enjoying it so far. 

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the first five episodes last night and really enjoyed it.  As mentioned above, it is occasionally heavy handed, but such an interesting premise.  Also, I like that so far the characters are out there doing good deeds.  I need a little bit of that nowadays.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been watching and enjoying Manifest and think I only have one episode left to stream.   There is a series on Netflix I've started watching called Glitch, which is an Australian production.  Has anyone seen this?  This is another series where people come back from the "dead" and time has moved on.  I recommend it, so far, through season one.  There is a second season.

Archived