IGNORED

Anyone know what 'MOVE for Christ' is?

The Mother Dust

So the older sister of a "real life" friend of mine just posted on fb about something called "MOVE for Christ" https://www.facebook.com/moveforchristny/ and this https://www.moveforchristny.com/  and was encouraging her fb friends to come to this upcoming even they are having.  At first I thought it was some exercise group for christians, but nope, not that. (lol) .  One of the speakers at this event works for "Consuming Fire Ministries" which sounds terrifying. 

I've known my friend and her family since I was little, and they always were protestant church goers, always the "pray before dinner" type, but nothing crazy as far as I knew.  After we all moved on to our adult lives,  my friend has become more secular and her sister seems to have become even more christian.  
I know if anyone could help explain this christian weirdness, it would be FJ.  What say you guys?  Is this harmless, or something to be wary of?  Have any of you heard of it before?  Oh, and their obligatory white jesus for extra points.  https://www.facebook.com/moveforchristny/photos/a.1641855245887999/1798463186893870/?type=3&theater 

Thank you ?

15 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

What say you guys?  Is this harmless, or something to be wary of?  Have any of you heard of it before?  Oh, and their obligatory white jesus for extra points. 

Other people may know more.  I'd not heard of MOVE before but it looks like a conference in NY.  When I followed up on the speakers, their home churches, and the venue - they look like common or garden mainstream United Methodists.  References to Wesley.  Evangelical, but not scarily so.  In fact many people think the United Methodists are practically Anglican.

I kind of like the idea of a Christian exercise class called move for Christ though.;)

Thank you @Palimpsestthat is reassuring.  Not that it would have affected me much directly, but I am glad for my friend's sake that her sister isn't getting involved in anything weird.   Yes, the MOVE for Christ exercise class.... like Jazzercise but set to Christian pop/rock and the women in modern modest exercise wear. lol . I'd be kind of surprised if that doesn't exist already.   ?

5 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

Thank you @Palimpsestthat is reassuring.  Not that it would have affected me much directly, but I am glad for my friend's sake that her sister isn't getting involved in anything weird.   Yes, the MOVE for Christ exercise class.... like Jazzercise but set to Christian pop/rock and the women in modern modest exercise wear. lol . I'd be kind of surprised if that doesn't exist already.   ?

I think it does, and the one I'm familiar with was at a United Methodist church.  I don't remember what it was called though.  I didn't attend it, but I did do Jazzercise many years ago and it seems like their may have been a few Christian songs.  It was at a church, so that may have had something to do with it.  And we just wore whatever, I had a leotard and so did most of the women that attended but there were also shorts and really whatever the attendees were comfortable with.

2 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I think it does, and the one I'm familiar with was at a United Methodist church.  I don't remember what it was called though.  I didn't attend it, but I did do Jazzercise many years ago and it seems like their may have been a few Christian songs.  It was at a church, so that may have had something to do with it.  And we just wore whatever, I had a leotard and so did most of the women that attended but there were also shorts and really whatever the attendees were comfortable with.

Ha,  I knew that had to be a thing.  Although, now that I think about it, the more conservative denominations probably wouldn't allow such a thing to exist because *whispers* (DANCING) 

Archived