IGNORED

Mass shooting at video game tournament in Florida

Rachel333

Ugh.

Republicans, stick your thoughts and prayers for the victims where the fucking sun doesn't shine.

Most recent that I heard was 15 casualties, with 4 of those being fatalities. 

I am so sorry for the victims. This is so sad...and horrifying that people are yet again going through something like this.

I do hope, after the horrid derailment of our Mollie Tibbetts thread, that we can keep this thread focused on the victims and not on politics. :changing_color_heart: 

Sadly, we are old hands at this. We’ve done a lot of them at this point. There is an OpEd somewhere by a journalist about the horrific pattern these things follow that has a lot of truth in it, even here.

Damnit.  This is so utterly preventable, and almost cliched.  My reaction, every time this happens now is immense sadness, and angry hopelessness.  We know how to make this slow or stop happening, yet we also know the steps needed to take aren't going to be adopted any time in the near future.  Damnit.

Damnit.  This is so utterly preventable, and almost cliched.  My reaction, every time this happens now is immense sadness, and angry hopelessness.  We know how to make this slow or stop happening, yet we also know the steps needed to take aren't going to be adopted any time in the near future.  Damnit.

Pretty much that. We are going to do zero things to stop this, and we all know it.

Damn. This is horrible. I will never understand how the love of guns is worth so much more that the life of fellow human beings in America. 

I've been posting more info on this shooting  in the Gun Violence thread in Quiverfull of Politics. One suspect is dead. Four fatalities, 11 wounded. 

There will be an outcry at first. Like there always is. And then the presidunce will tweet something stupid and everyone will forget. :5624798d10d1f_nayIsayno:

I was horrified when I heard this.  Which I seem to keep saying, and that makes me even more horrified.  My daughter and her boyfriend are into cosplay, anime and gaming.  It really brought the fear home to me.  I will pray and my thoughts are with them.  And that is not bad.  But I don't just say that as words, they mean something tome.  I'm sure most people say those words and they do mean something.  But it seems like so many politicians don't know how to do any more than just say the words.  They don't mean anything, they are just words.

I think the issue with “thoughts and prayers”, whether heartfelt or not, is that they do nothing. We don’t need thoughts and prayers. We need regulation, stricter gun control, actual actions to prevent these tragedies. 

21 hours ago, Kailash said:

I think the issue with “thoughts and prayers”, whether heartfelt or not, is that they do nothing. We don’t need thoughts and prayers. We need regulation, stricter gun control, actual actions to prevent these tragedies. 

I agree with you.  There need to be massive changes.  But I also will pray, because it's something I do on a regular basis.  I just get very frustrated with people - mainly politicians - who say that someone is in their thoughts and prayers and then that is all the do.  The problems are still there.  That's what I was trying to say.

Archived