IGNORED

Sacha Baron Cohen

AmazonGrace

Okay so Sarah Palin said she got duped by Sacha Baron Cohen (you know, the Borat guy).

So did Roy Moore.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/roy-moore-threatens-lawsuit-against-sacha-baron-cohen

So did Joe Arpaio.

And Dick Cheney is out there in the trailer.

Joe Walsh and maybe Bernie Sanders too.

https://people.com/politics/sarah-palin-dick-cheney-bernie-sanders-duped-sacha-baron-cohen/

Roy Moore was already begging for money to sue everybody and their dog after all of those accusations came out about him. I guess his fans will be down to three meals a week to foot the bills for this new lawsuit.

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Anyone got a bingo yet? 

Nah, I still need a member of the Trump family.

Sacha Baron Cohen is out there doing God's work. 

His satire is already well-known; Showtime could easily afford any legal fees (even if Roy weren't just barking aggressively. We know you're broke, bro). Pretty sure all the Showtime execs are rejoicing over this free publicity. 

Earlier today I found the website of the new character that SBC had created. Truthbary, but I can't seem to get it to load now. I love that he doesn't do his characters until we are sick of them, his satire is always great. 

OT: I find him so ridiculously attractive. 

45 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Earlier today I found the website of the new character that SBC had created. Truthbary, but I can't seem to get it to load now. I love that he doesn't do his characters until we are sick of them, his satire is always great. 

OT: I find him so ridiculously attractive. 

Try truthbrary

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Try truthbrary

ahh there we go! Hilarious. So much effort! 

GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz?  Was that the guy (or at least one of them) who was particularly swinish to Strzok yesterday?  Or was he particularly dickish?  A dirigible of outrage?  Sound and fury signifying zip?

Gun nutter claims she was duped into saying stupid things that gun nutters say 

Also, everyone calling for boycott of this show is doing a great job promoting it

This makes me want to puke. 

I am stunned they actually agreed to do that. It doesn't matter if they were tricked by thinking the organization was real, they actually agreed to support giving preschoolers guns!!!!!!!! 

I'm also surprised that in this day an age they just aren't more careful about things like this and research before giving interviews or lending support to causes. 

24 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I am stunned they actually agreed to do that. It doesn't matter if they were tricked by thinking the organization was real, they actually agreed to support giving preschoolers guns!!!!!!!! 

I'm also surprised that in this day an age they just aren't more careful about things like this and research before giving interviews or lending support to causes. 

Yeah. They'll be crying and moaning about being tricked, but that's just deflection from the real issue. As you say, the point is that they agreed to support giving preschoolers not only guns, but semi-automatic weapons of war. And they were willing to lend their name and public stature in order to promote it. 

I find it hard to put into words how nauseating and disgusting I find the fact that they are willing to endorse giving semi-automatic guns -- uzi's for fucks sake! -- to toddlers. All because they want to appease the weapons industry. 

On 7/13/2018 at 10:50 PM, Howl said:

GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz?  Was that the guy (or at least one of them) who was particularly swinish to Strzok yesterday?  Or was he particularly dickish?  A dirigible of outrage?  Sound and fury signifying zip?

From my recap of last Thursday's Hannity (about the Peter Strzok hearing)

Mark Meadows (NC) says that much of what Strzok said "are not supported by evidence, so they could be potentially false testimony." Matt Gaetz (FL) called the hearing a "five hour catbath."  Trey Gowdy (SC) thinks Strzok is "the only person in America who doesn't think he was biased.  He's the only person in America that does not understand who incredibly detrimental those texts are to any kind of serious investigation" (again, let's look at Trump's texts and tweets).

This thread: 

Says Spencer lost his primary already. But he got elected before.

Last night was episode 2 of 7 and I'm not sure how much worse it can get. Normally you save something for the finale, but if it's just going to get "better" (worse?) than I can't imagine how insane the rest of the episodes will be after last night. 

Premier was "meh" but last night, wow. Dick Cheney had no qualms. Some state Rep of Georgia took his pants off and shouted the N word. A group of weird white people from Kingman Az were openly racist. What's next? 

http://www.vulture.com/2018/07/who-is-america-recap-season-1-episode-2.html

The first Who Is America? footage that Showtime revealed came in the form of a 20-second promo released earlier this month, in which former Vice President Dick Cheney is asked by an unseen Baron Cohen character to “sign my waterboard kit.” (It’s now for sale on eBay.) Unsurprisingly, Cheney’s segment turned out to be even worse than that quick clip suggested. “You started so many wars — Afghanistan, Iraq 1, Iraq 2 — which was your favorite war and why?” Baron Cohen, disguised as his Israeli terrorism expert Erran Morad, asks Cheney. “Oh, I think it was what we did in Desert Storm, I really do. I never thought of it as having a favorite war,” Cheney replies. “Of course,” Morad interrupts, “but you’ve got to enjoy it too!”

It gets even worse from there. “I have killed some terrorists. How does it feel being the king of terrorist killers? I mean, you killed 100,000 actual terrorists and about 700,000 potential terrorists,” Morad says. After a casual laugh, Cheney says, “Well, it was never personal. I wasn’t in the same position you are where it was kill or be killed.” Cheney is infamous for his pro-torture (or as he likes to call it, pro–“enhanced interrogation”) stance, so making him look even more evil is a tall order. But now we know he’ll chat about which of his wars is his “favorite” as if they’re ice cream flavors.

I don't know the Bachelor lady. Is she famous for being terrible or something?

If you want to win you gotta show some skin 

If anyone else wants to resign today is a good day

Question: Does it make me a bad person to wish that Mr. Cohen had duped my own reich wing state house representative into doing something similar so that she would have to resign? 

Archived