IGNORED

Papa John Allegedly Used N-Word On Call

47of74

Crappy pizza, the choice of Klansmen and Nazis, Papa John's....

John Schnatter—the founder, chairman and public face of pizza chain Papa John’s—used the N-word on a conference call in May, a source with knowledge of the event told Forbes.

The call was arranged between Papa John’s executives and marketing agency Laundry Service. It was designed as a role-playing exercise for Schnatter in an effort to prevent future public-relations snafus. Schnatter caused an uproar in November 2017 when he waded into the debate over national anthem protests in the NFL and partly blamed the league for slowing sales at Papa John's. 

On the May call, Schnatter was asked how he would distance himself from racist groups online. He responded by downplaying the significance of his NFL statement. “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s,” Schnatter allegedly said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash.

Schnatter also reflected on his early life in Indiana, where, he said, people used to drag African Americans from trucks until they died. He apparently intended for the remarks to convey his antipathy to racism, but multiple individuals on the call found them to be offensive, the source said. After learning about the incident, Laundry Service owner Casey Wasserman moved to terminate the company’s contract with Papa John’s.

Yeah my stomach hurts just thinking of his greasy cardboard, xcuse me, I meant pizza.

I just came across this on the facebooks. 

PapaJohnFB.png.a5666471c9f1e8a73736f242834e1084.png

I wonder if they have a problem with the racist noises their founder makes or if they're OK with them since noises don't bother them?

So me thinks that saying this and trying to justify it is a lot worse than black athletes kneeling but what do I know?!

John Schnatter should just rename every item on the menu to include racial and ethnic slurs and offer a discount to the deplorables who mention they are going to watch Dumbass Orange's next rally.

Those are his only customers now, so he'd better keep them happy.

Papa Douche Cannon has stepped down as Chairman

Papa John's founder John Schnatter has resigned as chairman of the board after admitting and apologizing for using the N-word during a May conference call.

Shares of the pizza chain surged 11 percent Thursday morning — recovering all of the $96.2 million, and then some, in market value the company lost after Schnatter's comments were reported by Forbes the day before.

Papa John's said in a statement late Wednesday night that it will appoint a new chairman in the coming weeks. Olivia Kirtley, the board's lead independent director, will run the board until a permanent replacement is found, it added.

And now he is being wished out to the prayer closet by the company

Papa John's plans to pull founder John Schnatter's image from marketing materials following reports he used a racial slur.

A person inside the company with knowledge of the decision said the decision to remove Schnatter as the marketing face of Papa John's was made by top executives and the details and exact timing are still being worked out.

He's gone, but he'll still get profits from the company, so fuck that guy and that place.

I wasn't a customer of theirs anyway, but I always suggest checking out the Mom and Pop pizza places in your area 

I wasn't a customer of theirs anyway, but I always suggest checking out the Mom and Pop pizza places in your area 

That’s one thing my sister did that irked me during one visit while they lived in St. Louis. Instead of ordering from a local place she went and ordered from Papa Douche Cannon. We could have gotten that at home if we wanted that greasy junk.

I have since made it known that when visiting my preferences are first local places followed by chain places that we don’t have at home.

And the hits keep coming Papa Douche Nozzle's way...

Papa John's continued to distance itself from founder John Schnatter over the weekend, prohibiting him from talking to the press, removing him from the pizza chain's advertising materials and revoking his office space at the company's headquarters.

"The company has specifically requested that Mr. Schnatter cease all media appearances, and not make any further statements to the media regarding the company, its business or employees," Papa John's said in a press release late Sunday.

The company created a special committee of independent directors to evaluate the ties between Papa John's and its founder after he admitted last week to using a racially charged slur during a May conference call.

The committee terminated Schnatter's "Founder Agreement," which designated him as the face of the company's advertising and marketing, and terminated his sublease agreement for office space at Papa John's Louisville, Kentucky, headquarters.

Now he's saying it was a mistake to resign...

Papa John's founder John Schnatter said it was a "mistake" for him to resign.

In letter to the pizza chain's board obtained by CNNMoney, Schnatter accused the board of not "doing any investigation" and said its decision to remove him as chairman was based on "rumor and innuendo."

Last week, the Papa John's founder resigned after he admitted to using the N-word on a conference call with marketing agency Laundry Service.

In his letter, he said Laundry Service wanted to hire rapper Kanye West to represent Papa John's in advertising materials, but Schnatter wasn't on board with the idea because West uses the N-word in his lyrics.

Papa Douchemobile - Bed.  Made.  Lie.

Lol. Yeah I know, the Onion.

His marketing agency is called Laundry Service? What like money laundering or airing dirty laundry?

19 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

His marketing agency is called Laundry Service? What like money laundering or airing dirty laundry?

Given Papa Douche Nozzle's support of Fuck face I'd guess the former.

Papa Douche Nozzle wants his company back.

Papa John's is attempting to ward off its controversial founder from amassing a controlling stake in the company by adopting a "poison-pill" plan.

The company is struggling to distance itself from John Schnatter, who resigned as chairman this month after his use of a racial slur during a media training session was revealed. Schnatter has since said his resignation was a "mistake" and criticized the company's handling of the incident.

Papa John's, based in Louisville, Kentucky, said its shareholder rights plan would be activated if anyone acquires 15 percent or more of outstanding shares without board approval. The plan works by letting shareholders buy additional stock at a discounted price, which in turn would dilute the acquirer's shares.

Papa John's said Schnatter and his affiliates, who currently own more than 30 percent of shares, have been grandfathered into the plan. But they will be considered an acquiring party if they amass 31 or more of shares, the company said.

Papa Douche Cannon just doesn't know when to walk away

John Schnatter, the ousted founder of pizza chain Papa John's, is suing his former company.

In a lawsuit filed in Delaware Chancery Court on Thursday, Schnatter's lawyers say he is seeking to inspect company documents "because of the unexplained and heavy-handed way in which the company has treated him since the publication of a story that falsely accused him of using a racial slur."

Papa John's denied Schnatter's claims in a statement. The company said it was "saddened and disappointed" by the lawsuit, which it called "needless and wasteful."

Schnatter has admitted he said the N-word on a conference call with a marketing firm. Schnatter claimed the firm asked if he was racist, and he used the N-word in describing how KFC's Colonel Sanders used to talk. Schnatter has since said he also told the firm that he himself wouldn't ever use that word.

Archived