IGNORED

Coach Dave Daubenmire

Drala

This past weekend I had an encounter with Buckeye fundie dominionist Coach Dave Daubenmire, who came to Columbus on Friday to "witness" against a neighborhood mosque on the celebration of Eid.  The community faced down Daubenmire and his minions with chants of "Love thy neighbor" before Coach Dave & company moved on to make an appearance at the Big Gay Dance Party thrown Friday evening by GLBT citizens to welcome Mike Pence, who was in town sharing the good news of tax cuts for the wealthy.  I'm assuming the fiercest of our local queens gave him a good show.  All this was just a warmup to Saturday's Columbus Pride parade, where Daubenmire & company brought out the bullhorns to proclaim doom and damnation.  Crowds of Pride people pushed back against the culture warriors with whistles, horns and shouting. 

For FJers not familiar with Coach Dave:  He started his "Pass the Salt Ministries" in 2014 after he was fired from Fairfield Christian Academy in 2012 for being a loudmouthed PIA.  His first claim to fame came in the late 1990s when he resigned as a public high school football coach after the ACLU brought a lawsuit against him and the school district because he was forcing his football players to pray with him before games.  Now he does webcasts in which he complains about feminists, Jews, Moslems, race mixing, the gays, etc., and advocates for "A more violent Christianity." 

I have to admit being moved to a more violent expression of my own faith after encountering him face-to-face this weekend.  I stood in front of him and quite loudly and repeatedly rebuked the demon he carries in Jesus name.  To be honest, I don't even believe in demons, but holy cow, if there is a Satan, Coach Dave is surely in his service.   I don't suppose he's had very many gray-haired old ladies calling down biblical curses on his head at Pride marches. 

Daubenmire was listed in the Encyclopedia of American Loons in 2013.  There are also current articles about him on Right Wing Watch.  If you have a stomach for it, you can peruse his website and watch his webcasts.   He spews out a seriously hateful mix of religion & politics and is quite open about his desire to establish a theocratic state.   

31 minutes ago, Drala said:

This past weekend I had an encounter with Buckeye fundie dominionist Coach Dave Daubenmire, who came to Columbus on Friday to "witness" against a neighborhood mosque on the celebration of Eid.  The community faced down Daubenmire and his minions with chants of "Love thy neighbor" before Coach Dave & company moved on to make an appearance at the Big Gay Dance Party thrown Friday evening by GLBT citizens to welcome Mike Pence, who was in town sharing the good news of tax cuts for the wealthy.  I'm assuming the fiercest of our local queens gave him a good show.  All this was just a warmup to Saturday's Columbus Pride parade, where Daubenmire & company brought out the bullhorns to proclaim doom and damnation.  Crowds of Pride people pushed back against the culture warriors with whistles, horns and shouting. 

For FJers not familiar with Coach Dave:  He started his "Pass the Salt Ministries" in 2014 after he was fired from Fairfield Christian Academy in 2012 for being a loudmouthed PIA.  His first claim to fame came in the late 1990s when resigned as a public high school football coach after the ACLU brought a lawsuit against him and the school district because he was forcing his football players to pray with him before games.  Now he does webcasts in which he complains about feminists, Jews, Moslems, race mixing, the gays, etc., and advocates for "A more violent Christianity." 

I have to admit being moved to a more violent expression of my own faith after encountering him face-to-face this weekend.  I stood in front of him and quite loudly and repeatedly rebuked the demon he carries in Jesus name.  To be honest, I don't even believe in demons, but holy cow, if there is a Satan, Coach Dave is surely in his service.   I don't suppose he's had very many gray-haired old ladies calling down biblical curses on his head at Pride marches.    

I have never heard of him before, but I have to say Bravo to you!

That sounds great! What did you say exactly? In case I ever have the chance to do the same....Something like “Begone, demon, leave this fool of a man!”

Archived