IGNORED

Bakery censors graduation cake

HarryPotterFan

A Christian homeschooler graduated with highest honors, summa cum laude, so his parents wanted to honor that accomplishment at his graduation party. The bakery censored the cake and the boy had to explain why to his family. Pure magic and hilarity, made better because of the homeschooling part.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/supermarket-censors-summa-cum-laude-from-graduation-cake/2018/05/22/75bb356a-5d9c-11e8-b656-236c6214ef01_video.html?utm_term=.ae881286f93b

Picture of cake in spoiler

Spoiler

0D692C30-2932-442D-98AD-6F3E8A9D4EB9.thumb.jpeg.40f607d77798847ce336eaa38a8b703a.jpeg

When the bakery staff knows just enough to be ignorant.....painfully hilarious.

Actually, it was censorship via online ordering system, but see above.  Still incredibly funny. 

The computer did sensor it but did no one think to look up the phrase on Google. The mum had wrote an additional comment on the order that got ignored. 

Funny story but I don't get it. Even if he wanted the other kind of cum written on his cake, so? Why the devil can't you have a fucking profanity on your own damn cake that you fucking paid for  if you bloody well want to?

19 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Funny story but I don't get it. Even if he wanted the other kind of cum written on his cake, so? Why the devil can't you have a fucking profanity on your own damn cake that you fucking paid for  if you bloody well want to?

Yes, this put me in mind of the Friends episode where Rachel got Penis cake instead of a bunny cake for Emma's first birthday.

I was about to be curmudgeonly and say that you can't graduate from high school with Latin honors, home schoolers, but I googled and it looks like lots of public high schools do it too. Seems a little silly to me, but this means my 18 year old self is owed another tassel (she really loved those), damn it! 

Also I felt for that kid when he said he hadn't liked having to explain to his relatives why that word was omitted. :pb_lol: "well, Grandma..."

8 hours ago, Evangeline said:

How does a homeschooler graduate with highest honors, anyway? Higher than who? 

He was part of an online homeschool group and got the highest grades out of all the group.

Archived