IGNORED

Decapitation of Son

MarblesMom

Reading this made me want to rush into my boy's bedrooms and hug them. I didnt though as one finished work at 2am this morning and one is off to work at lunch time for a very long shift. I would not have been popular.

HOW though? Surely the family members (apparently) in the house would have heard something, some noise??

Psychotic break.  From the article linked above: 

Mouhib had called 911 twice in March. On March 5, she reported having some type of mental health problem and deputies brought her to a hospital, Baxter said. She was discharged, but called 911 three days later saying she was still having issues, and ended up staying at the hospital until March 26.

No words. With a KITCHEN KNIFE? How that child must have suffered.

It doesn’t say she had a baby recently but I heard of mothers committing similar brutal murders from having post-partum psychosis.

I am devastated that she was released from the hospital. This was the second time she was released and now she brutally murdered her own child. I am very angry at the hospital for releasing her.

That child will not get justice now. She was clearly insane and she will be released one day after spending time in a psychiatric hospital.

27 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

It doesn’t say she had a baby recently but I heard of mothers committing similar brutal murders from having post-partum psychosis.

I am devastated that she was released from the hospital. This was the second time she was released and now she brutally murdered her own child. I am very angry at the hospital for releasing her.

That child will not get justice now. She was clearly insane and she will be released one day after spending time in a psychiatric hospital.

Depending on the extent of her psychosis, she may never be released. Andrea Yates is still in a psychiatric hospital almost twenty years after she killed her children. Apparently, every time her mental health improves, she remembers what she did and then goes back into psychosis as a perverse coping mechanism. I think recently Yates had gotten well to the point where she could attend church, but I would be surprised if she has gotten to the point where she never experiences psychosis.

Post partum psychosis is only one type of psychosis. There are plenty of others.

I’m so sad for this child and desperately hope that the suffering wasn’t as great as it seems to us. I’m also sad for the mother. To do something so terrible while not aware of the world around her, but a false world that was produced by her diseased brain in its psychotic state. I almost hope that she doesn’t realise what she has done. 

I know of a woman who killed both of her children and then herself. The children were older, maybe in the 8-10 age range. She had a family history of schizophrenia, but she was 40 years old and had not exhibited signs of schizophrenia before that, so it would have been extremely unusual if that were the cause. Her father was interviewed and said that she had gone on medication for anxiety a few months prior, and that she felt better but kind of 'flat'. She also started exhibiting signs of paranoia around the same time. He thinks the medication may have had something to do with it (not that the medication caused it, per se, but that it may have triggered some kind of underlying issue or made it far worse). Incredibly tragic situation.

Archived