IGNORED

D.C. Police Allegedly Used Rape and Molestation as Weapons Against J20 protesters

Cleopatra7

Many of you may know that the D.C. Police kettled (i.e. Indiscriminately arrested) over 200 people during Trump's inauguration, including members of the press and street medics. Although the D.C. Police are supposedly one of the better forces when it comes to respecting the freedoms of protesters, there is ample evidence to suggest otherwise, especially now that some J20 defendants are claiming that they were raped and sexually assaulted after being kettled:

https://thinkprogress.org/aclu-sees-dc-cops-over-inauguration-arrests-971b821c9480

It speaks volumes about our twisted values as a country when people are more outraged by a smashed Starbucks window than rapist cops.

• 1 month later...

With Sessions 'my white hood is at the dry cleaners' Sessions chances of the cops being held accountable are just about zilch. Under Trump/Sessions not prosecuting Police who assault and kill a good thing.  What ever happened to law and order?

4 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

With Sessions 'my white hood is at the dry cleaners' Sessions chances of the cops being held accountable are just about zilch. Under Trump/Sessions not prosecuting Police who assault and kill a good thing.  What ever happened to law and order?

When discussing "law and order," the question must always be "whose law?" and "whose order?" For Trump, Sessions, et al, law and order is about upholding an authoritarian, white supremacist state that views dissenters in general and POC in particular as social problems that must be squashed. They don't care about right-wing vigilantes like George Zimmerman, the Bundy family, or the alt-right because such people uphold the status quo even if they do it through extralegal means. This is why I have no patience for "silent majority" types, because they tacitly accept injustice from conservative/right-wing sources (e.g. police shootings of unarmed POC) while pearl-clutching about "violent protesters" who have done nothing other than carry a sign with a slogan they don't approve of.

22 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

They don't care about right-wing vigilantes like George Zimmerman, the Bundy family, or the alt-right because such people uphold the status quo even if they do it through extralegal means.

My views on low life, filthy thug George Zimmerman:

Florida is big into the  'Stand your ground' law, and cheered on Zimmerman towards his not guilty verdict. To me, Travon Martin was the one standing his ground. There he was a teenager carrying nothing but a bag of candy and here comes a guy slowly stalking him down the street. Zimmerman was huge compared to Martin.  Huge and armed. So this kid started to run as Zimmerman continued to hunt him. Seems reasonable thing to do. In the end Travon Martin decided to stand his own ground and defend himself. Zimmerman shot the kid in cold blood.

Then Martin , not Zimmerman went on trial, first in the press and then in the court room. He smoked pot, he talked back to his teachers!  Oh my he must be a thug.  No!  Travon Martin was a fucking TEENAGER... how many kids smoke some weed and talk back to a teacher? Talking back to a teacher... annoying?  Yes. Age typical? Yes. The making of a thug? NO.

A white kid would never have been judged this way.  His behavior would have been explained away " oh he was just a kid", "kids make mistakes".  Shit Donald Trump Jr's meeting with the Russians was explained away by saying he was a good kid who made a bad decision.  A 40 year old 'kid' with kids of his own. Yea, right

The Martin/Zimmerman atrocity is a screaming example of white privilege.

Zimmerman will commit more acts of violence.  He thug, a bully and despicable person and I fear he will never be held accountable for any of it.

20 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

A white kid would never have been judged this way.  His behavior would have been explained away " oh he was just a kid", "kids make mistakes".  Shit Donald Trump Jr's meeting with the Russians was explained away by saying he was a good kid who made a bad decision.  A 40 year old 'kid' with kids of his own. Yea, right.

It's interesting that the Menendez brothers were portrayed by their lawyers and the media as "boys" even though they were men, both chronologically and in terms of intellectual maturity, while black children who get killed for existing while black are invariably said to look older than their actual ages and are considered threats. The Menendez "boys" stole $100,000 worth of stuff from their Beverly Hills neighbors prior to the murders, but their father used his contacts to manipulate the system to get his sons off. Can you even imagine what 100K of stolen goods must look like? Compare that to how so many conservatives think Michael Brown deserved death for for shoplifting $40 of cigars (which turned out to not be true but why let facts get in the way of extrajudicial murder?).

Archived