IGNORED

Atheists prayed for Ken Ham to fail?!? - satire site

Black Aliss

Oh Ken Ham or as I think of him now Amish Wolverine thanks to Heath Enright for that nickname. Fact are facts my man and the fact is if the choice is middle of bumfuck Kentucky or going to Disney world the family is going to choose the later. Also it wasn't as though the Creation Museum was posting bang up numbers the last few years either. Oh and a zip line, those are a dime a dozen not exactly thinking outside the box.

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Apparently Ken Ham is a little unclear on the concept of atheism, if this headline is any indication:

It isn't.

That's a semi-satire site.  According to that page (did you not see the 'show facts' button?), the first paragraph is true, and the rest of the article is a fabrication.

Also notice the lack of sources.

Please do better at noticing satire sites in the future.

(in other words, the "atheists prayed for me to fail" part is actually fake news.)

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this one.  My sister, who is agnostic(after being fundie for 4 years), says that if the atheists were pray to God to make his ark fail, then isn't it Gods will that it fail?  Why is it when things go wrong for other, it's Gods will, but when it goes wrong for the fundies, it's all the atheist/pagan/not the right type of Christians fault?

Honestly, my Goddess has too much more to worry about (like the fate of the planet) than to sabotage a fools idiotic business.  She doesn't suffer fools gladly.  Ham should have thought about the fact that most fundies can't afford to pay for admission.  He's a fool!

13 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

It isn't.

That's a semi-satire site.  According to that page (did you not see the 'show facts' button?), the first paragraph is true, and the rest of the article is a fabrication.

Thank you for enlightening me. No, I did not see the button.

Trying to drill down via google to get the stats on if the Ark project is taking on water, actually sinking, or just "meh" in terms of its success.  I don't think Ken Ham is sleeping on silk sheets in a gilded bed, but I don't get a sense they are getting ready to go belly up. However, for what the thing cost to build,  the Rapture might happen before they break even.

17 hours ago, CelticGoddess said:

Why is it when things go wrong for other, it's Gods will, but when it goes wrong for the fundies, it's all the atheist/pagan/not the right type of Christians fault?

Satan, duh.  Could there be a more perfect scapegoat/fall guy than Satan?

21 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

It isn't.

(in other words, the "atheists prayed for me to fail" part is actually fake news.)

Fake yes, but it's kind of similar to the odd projection of many fundamentalists onto atheist beliefs.  I see the "atheists pray to Satan" thing from time to time.  No, we don't pray to anything, that's the entire point of being an atheist.  But the concept of literally not believing is too alien a concept for them to process, so clearly we must pray to something, and since it isn't God we're obviously on team Satan.

Then again, I'm sure I totally don't understand some of the utterly critical theological hair splitting arguments they engage in all the time, so in some ways I guess we're even.

Reminds me of a Q&A with a Wiccan priest (and representatives of other faiths) at a private school once.

"Wait, so you don't believe in Hell?"

"No. Because we're not into eternal damnation. Also, we don't believe in Satan, so there'd be no one to run the place."

"Wait, so you don't pray to Satan?"

. . . .

Why does the song "Hammer to Fall" by Queen pop into my head every time that I see the headline for this thread? :P 

32 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Why does the song "Hammer to Fall" by Queen pop into my head every time that I see the headline for this thread? :P 

I don't know but now I have it too, thank you.

On 7/2/2017 at 7:35 PM, Howl said:

I don't think Ken Ham is sleeping on silk sheets in a gilded bed

I'm thinking more like hanging upside down from a rafter.

I know the article is mostly satire, but it isn't surprising that both the ark and creation museum aren't doing well.  Once you've seen it, you've seen it.  This is the reason normal museums rotate their displays in and out.  New stuff to see means people come back.  And it's not like either are in big metropolitan cities which would keep people returning to the location the sites are at and thus maybe rope a few people into a return visit because they're in the area.  The whole concept for these places was ill conceived and poorly implemented.  Maybe Ham should have consulted with experts in the field before building these money sucking monstrosities.

Archived