IGNORED

Paul Ryan: Black Men Are Lazy And The Cause of Poverty In The U.S.

Toothfairy

He actually said this while Obama was in office bit it's picking up again now. 

On the conservative radio show ‘Morning In America’, hosted by Bill Bennett, Republican Wisconsin Representative Paul Ryan was the guest. Before right-wing radio, Bennet’s previous job was Secretary of Education under President Reagan. He’s also known for being hypocritical: He gambled away millions while preaching morals and values at the same time. Paul Ryan was on Bennett’s showto discuss his House Budget Committee’s report called ‘War on Poverty: 50 Years Later’. In this report, Ryan states that the root cause of continued poverty in America is actually anti-poverty programs developed under President Lyndon Johnson and the Presidents since.

Ryan used thinly-veiled, coded language during the interview when he claimed that black men are perfectly satisfied with being poor and do not wish to have a job with a working wage. He also said that previously developed anti-poverty programs by the government and non-profits create a culture of laziness. He expanded on this by recommending that wealthy white people from the suburbs should spend extra time mentoring black people in the inner-city. So the answer for those living in poverty without employment opportunities is to have someone whitesplain the tired old “pull yourself up by your bootstraps” line?

http://countercurrentnews.com/2017/01/paul-ryan-black-men-are-lazy-and-the-cause-of-poverty-in-the-u-s/

1 hour ago, Toothfairy said:

He actually said this while Obama was in office bit it's picking up again now. 

On the conservative radio show ‘Morning In America’, hosted by Bill Bennett, Republican Wisconsin Representative Paul Ryan was the guest. Before right-wing radio, Bennet’s previous job was Secretary of Education under President Reagan. He’s also known for being hypocritical: He gambled away millions while preaching morals and values at the same time. Paul Ryan was on Bennett’s showto discuss his House Budget Committee’s report called ‘War on Poverty: 50 Years Later’. In this report, Ryan states that the root cause of continued poverty in America is actually anti-poverty programs developed under President Lyndon Johnson and the Presidents since.

Ryan used thinly-veiled, coded language during the interview when he claimed that black men are perfectly satisfied with being poor and do not wish to have a job with a working wage. He also said that previously developed anti-poverty programs by the government and non-profits create a culture of laziness. He expanded on this by recommending that wealthy white people from the suburbs should spend extra time mentoring black people in the inner-city. So the answer for those living in poverty without employment opportunities is to have someone whitesplain the tired old “pull yourself up by your bootstraps” line?

http://countercurrentnews.com/2017/01/paul-ryan-black-men-are-lazy-and-the-cause-of-poverty-in-the-u-s/

I wish I could say I was surprised. However, if I did, I'd be lying. What a cretin.

Fornicate you Paul Ryan!

Why don't you just be honest Paul Ryan and every other GOP sacks of excrement in Congress and just wear your goddamn Klan robes to work?

Really? I thought it was entitled, greedy, rich, white assholes who were responsible. Thanks for setting me straight Paul Ryan! :pb_rollseyes::pb_evil:

Really, Ryan? My husband and I have lived in a city known for a high poverty level. Our apartment complex was mixed with black, white, and spanish people. I knew a white family where the mother refused to let her 19-year-old son work or go to school, because they would affect their food stamps. Instead, he sat at home all day and played video games. I knew a family where the girlfriend was white, her partner was mixed (black/white) and while he was a jerk (on a personal level), he worked and provided for his girlfriend and her daughter. I also knew a black guy and his (again, mixed but not sure what exactly) girlfriend who worked a full-time job at a very demanding (and difficult to get hired into) factory. The girlfriend had a drug problem, which required them to live in downgraded living quarters, but he had a VERY strong work ethic (when he had car problems, he BIKED to work, which was another town over). It has more to do with education (or desire to have an education and/or skills), work ethic etc than it does the color of your skin. I mean honestly, my white neighbors were the worst offenders, doing the bare minimum to pay rent and stay on food stamps so they wouldn't have to buy food out of pocket.

I mean most people on welfare are rural poor whites, but our smug snake wouldn't dare...

Every time he opens his mouth, I hate him & my family just a little more all of my Aunts & Uncles and the majority of my cousins, who live in WI, LOVE him think the sun rises and sets out of his hateful ass. 

16 minutes ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

I mean most people on welfare are rural poor whites, but our smug snake wouldn't dare...

Most people I know on welfare are white, and stupidly enough they ALL vote republican. My friends daughter and I got into it the other day, she 22 and has 3 kids, no job, is a high school drop out lives in Section 8 housing is on title 19 gets food stamps and baby daddy (shockingly all 3 kids have same baby daddy) works for $9 an hour. When I posted something on FB about Trump she had the stupidity to say he was "better than killary" i asked her how so? She said he wasn't murdering millions of babies and was going to make all the lazy minorities get jobs and off of welfare.  Yep she went there so I had to, I asked if he was doing that so lazy white people on welfare, like her could get more handouts?  She said something about day care and young babies  and God. I said maybe you should have kept your legs closed and not had 3 illegitimate kids when you were a teenager. Maybe spent less time at satanic rituals & crack houses finished high school went to college got an education, gotten a good job THEN had kids. But since you "found God" and are white you are now entitled to free stuff?  

Ugh.  What an ass.  Maybe poor people are that way because stupid ass Republicans keep fucking up our schools so that poor kids don't have the chance to climb out of poverty.  Stop short changing schools.  Set up good mentoring programs in all schools for everyone.  Offer free tutoring programs for kids struggling to learn.  Improve education by lowering class sizes.  Increase free and low cost meals at schools (hungry kids don't learn).  Create fun, interactive online programs that kids can play with after school/on weekends/in the summer to keep their skills sharp.  Institute year around schooling so kids don't go months without education instruction.  Provide and fund after school groups that go out into their community and improve it.  Offer single payer healthcare so families don't struggle to stay well.  Set up good reliable public transportation in all towns and cities so people can get to work in a reasonable amount of time without having to own a car.  Increase the minimum wage so people can make a living if they work 40 hours a week.  Fund public preschool so kids are prepared when they reach kindergarten.  Do something about the ridiculous cost of a college education.  Create cheap and easily accessible birth control.

Why is it that Republicans bitch about damn near everything but do nothing to help improve what they bitch about?

Having worked pretty extensively with families in poverty due to the nature of my job, I can't think of any I worked with who were poor because they were just lazy. What might appear to be laziness on the surface turned out to be a much more complex combination of desperation, jobs being out of reach due to various factors (price of childcare, patchy work history, criminal record, unavailability of transportation, etc.), lacking learned independent living skills, poor education, lacking knowledge of options, racial or gender bias against them, survival mechanisms becoming habit, substance dependency, and/or mental health. But it's easier to just say people are lazy because then we don't have to take any accountability ourselves for the inequalities in society.

I wonder if Paul Ryan (wealthy white person) is using some of his free time to mentor black people in the inner city.  I'm sure D. C. has at least one mentorable person.

I wonder if Paul Ryan (wealthy white person) is using some of his free time to mentor black people in the inner city.  I'm sure D. C. has at least one mentorable person.

No he's not. Because anywhere outside NW, chevy chase, and McLean/Great Falls is full of scary minorities. I mean gang members.

And, oh, by the way, 47of74 thinks wealthy conservative white Fornicate sticks are a big cause of poverty in the US.

7 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Most people I know on welfare are white, and stupidly enough they ALL vote republican. My friends daughter and I got into it the other day, she 22 and has 3 kids, no job, is a high school drop out lives in Section 8 housing is on title 19 gets food stamps and baby daddy (shockingly all 3 kids have same baby daddy) works for $9 an hour. When I posted something on FB about Trump she had the stupidity to say he was "better than killary" i asked her how so? She said he wasn't murdering millions of babies and was going to make all the lazy minorities get jobs and off of welfare.  Yep she went there so I had to, I asked if he was doing that so lazy white people on welfare, like her could get more handouts?  She said something about day care and young babies  and God. I said maybe you should have kept your legs closed and not had 3 illegitimate kids when you were a teenager. Maybe spent less time at satanic rituals & crack houses finished high school went to college got an education, gotten a good job THEN had kids. But since you "found God" and are white you are now entitled to free stuff?  

This. You know they don't call it welfare tho. Even tho it is. 

2 hours ago, JMarie said:

Ha. Yeah right. He would rather keep them down. 

On 1/27/2017 at 7:32 PM, Toothfairy said:

This. You know they don't call it welfare tho. Even tho it is. 

Ha. Yeah right. He would rather keep them down. 

Um, yes!!! Had an extensive conversation about this with my sister who thinks she deserves to get more money back from taxes (that she doesn't pay in) so she can stay home with her babeez. Of course they don't see that as welfare. 

2 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

Um, yes!!! Had an extensive conversation about this with my sister who thinks she deserves to get more money back from taxes (that she doesn't pay in) so she can stay home with her babeez. Of course they don't see that as welfare. 

Omg remember  Octomom? Bitch was on welfare but said it wasn't welfare. 

5 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

Look what happened to the Wikipedia page of invertibrates: 

:evil-laugh: omg. This describes him perfectly.  

4 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

:evil-laugh: omg. This describes him perfectly.  

Actually this is the entire Republican party. And Chuck Schumer as well, to be honest. 

On 1/27/2017 at 5:37 PM, JMarie said:

Um, he doesn't really want to actually SPEAK to a black person, other than, maybe Ben Carson. He'd probably be afraid that the black person would steal his wallet or carjack him or some such nonsense.

17 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Um, he doesn't really want to actually SPEAK to a black person, other than, maybe Ben Carson. He'd probably be afraid that the black person would steal his wallet or carjack him or some such nonsense.

Or worried that the black person would turn out to be smarter than him.

17 minutes ago, Childless said:

Impossible! There's scientific research from the 19th century, which has been thoroughly debunked saying that that's just impossible.

56 minutes ago, Childless said:

That would be pretty much everyone in the world...

Archived