IGNORED

Barbie and Ken on the Rocks, Flip and Flop Couple to Divorce

SilverBeach

I'm not surprised by tv couples divorcing anymore. I think the fame and money put stress on marriages. They probably would've gotten divorced even if they never had the show. But I think that sudden fame and money can exacerbate issues in the relationship. 

These couples always look so lovey-dovey though. They have a new baby. Nothing special about tv couples divorcing, not really, lots of people do. But they were establishing a solid brand based on being a couple and didn't leak much hostility towards each other. 

10 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

These couples always look so lovey-dovey though. They have a new baby. Nothing special about tv couples divorcing, not really, lots of people do. But they were establishing a solid brand based on being a couple and didn't leak much hostility towards each other. 

The show is extremely fake. They are terrible actors and it shows. I didn't read hostility but I also didn't see them as lovey Dovey. I just saw a lot of bad acting. 

I freely admit to being addicted to the show. Some of the acting is over the top, for sure, but I do love the work that they do on some of the flipped houses (& they did seem genuine for the most part).

Didn't he have a cancer scare not too long ago, too?

He's had a bit of back issues, too, and a recent cancer scare. It's a shame. It seemed at first that they did a lot of "i love you" on the phone in early episodes, but that's been missing recently. Don't know if it's been edited out, or if the situation changed.

I have to say, if I were Christina, with two small kids, and my husband went off on me and grabbed a gun and started running around, I'd exercise "an abundance of caution", too, and call the cops!

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The show is extremely fake. They are terrible actors and it shows. I didn't read hostility but I also didn't see them as lovey Dovey. I just saw a lot of bad acting. 

I'm a big decorating person, so I focused a lot on the design. They aren't actors at all, so I wouldn't expect good acting. I've watched since the beginning and definitely saw some lovey dovey stuff going on.

Most HGTV shows have some fakeness to them, House Hunters is the worst. I suspend reality and play along.

Tarek had more than a cancer scare, he had actual thyroid cancer. 

19 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I'm a big decorating person, so I focused a lot on the design. They aren't actors at all, so I wouldn't expect good acting. I've watched since the beginning and definitely saw some lovey dovey stuff going on.

Most HGTV shows have some fakeness to them, House Hunters is the worst. I suspend reality and play along.

Tarek had more than a cancer scare, he had actual thyroid cancer

And if the reports I read were right, a viewer (whom was a nurse) actually spotted a lump on his throat. How lucky for him that something like that to have been spotted in such a manner, isn't it?

19 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Tarek had more than a cancer scare, he had actual thyroid cancer. 

My daughter interviewed for House Hunters, and it is really fake.  They had to have a closing already scheduled, and fill out a bunch of paperwork about different architectural styles that they liked/disliked.  They had to have a pretend "conflict" about housing styles that they liked or disliked. The houses that they would view for the show would be the one they had already purchased, and the others would be chosen by the show.  They were going to use their actual realtor, at least.

I still watch it though, LOL!

1 minute ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

My daughter interviewed for House Hunters, and it is really fake.  They had to have a closing already scheduled, and fill out a bunch of paperwork about different architectural styles that they liked/disliked.  They had to have a pretend "conflict" about housing styles that they liked or disliked. The houses that they would view for the show would be the one they had already purchased, and the others would be chosen by the show.  They were going to use their actual realtor, at least.

I still watch it though, LOL!

I do, too. I get all cracked out when they feature an area that's either local-ish to me or someplace that I've gone to before.

I like it when they complain about living in another zip code, or "how long" the commute would be...

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:46 PM, SilverBeach said:

:: grabbing popcorn & watching the drama ::

With all of the nonsense going on, I feel bad for their kids. Their son is too young to really know what's going on, but their daughter most likely knows something's up (unless they're shielding her, which is an admirable/smart thing to do).

Archived