IGNORED

Kansas Republican calls Hitler's words profound

47of74

A Kansas Republican really stepped in it now...

http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article109448412.html

A Kansas House leader said Thursday that her intent was to criticize Planned Parenthood when she called Adolf Hitler’s words profound in a Facebook post.

“Great quote from Hitler in the video,” Speaker Pro Tem Peggy Mast, R-Emporia, the No. 3 Republican in the Kansas House, posted to her Facebook page Thursday morning. “Please listen to it closely. His words are profound! Let’s start using discernment.”

Mast, who is not seeking re-election, did not return phone calls. She did, however, take to social media to clarify her position.

She said in another Facebook post that her intent was to compare Planned Parenthood, the country’s largest reproductive health provider, to the Nazi leader and that she “was not in any way agreeing with Hitler’s words.”

Hey, Ms. Mast, there's a great 47of74 quote in this here post: Fuck you!

In what world is this ok?  I don't understand the mindset of someone reading a Hitler quote and thinking "hmm!  That's awesome, I need to share this"  No.  Just.  No.

Especially since the constant use of  propaganda on one issue to rile up a populace is kind of what the Republicans are doing with the "Abortion stops a beating heart" line.

Good Grief.  I don't have the article link but I also saw a Kansas related oops where they cited the dred scott decision in reference to something. 

On 10/21/2016 at 10:49 PM, 47of74 said:

"Let’s start using discernment.”

I love that she ended her comment with this. Ironic.

Archived