IGNORED

Wilkes Family

maple802

The Wilkes Team hasn't updated its blog in years, but this article in the Culpeper, VA newspaper provides a tiny bit of intel. Of note: Joshua and Lisa Wilkes had a third son, Peter. Also, the names of Matthew and Amanda Wilkes' children are revealed; daughter Annalise and son Nathanael. 

http://culpepertimes.com/2016/08/24/keeping-the-farm-all-in-the-family/157662/

Nice find! Thanks to the article, I've also finally found out the parents' names, Mark and Alice, which I don't think I ever found through the blog.

Interestingly, it was published on my birthday.

Im sure this is just a journalist not knowing what they are saying, but it was annoying

Their baked goods are gluten-free and whole grain (they grind their own wheat berries

Umm, wheat is not gluten free.  

7 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Im sure this is just a journalist not knowing what they are saying, but it was annoying

Umm, wheat is not gluten free.  

Giving the journalist the benefit of the doubt, it's possible that he meant that they have both gluten free and whole grain goods, one and the other, but that kind of got a chuckle out of me too. 

2 hours ago, Kak said:

This makes me happy. I really wanted to know those names!

Does @halcionne need to know about this?

Thanks for the heads up; I was able to fill in a lot of blanks. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that the author listed them in any particular sequence. Does anyone know the siblings' birth order?

31 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Thanks for the heads up; I was able to fill in a lot of blanks. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that the author listed them in any particular sequence. Does anyone know the siblings' birth order?

Yeah, that order didn't seem right to me either. Now, I'm not entirely sure on this, so don't quote me, but my best guess to the order is Joshua, Jennifer, Matthew, Daniel, Sarah, Kenan, Adam, Hannah, and Mark. I've got Jennifer's birth year listed as 1986, meaning she'd be 29 or 30 years old by now, so since it lists the ages as 15 to 31 that would at least put her as second in line.

3 hours ago, AliC said:

Yeah, that order didn't seem right to me either. Now, I'm not entirely sure on this, so don't quote me, but my best guess to the order is Joshua, Jennifer, Matthew, Daniel, Sarah, Kenan, Adam, Hannah, and Mark. I've got Jennifer's birth year listed as 1986, meaning she'd be 29 or 30 years old by now, so since it lists the ages as 15 to 31 that would at least put her as second in line.

Okay that jibes with Spokeo, for the over-eighteens at least. It'll work for the time being.

14 hours ago, AliC said:

Nice find! Thanks to the article, I've also finally found out the parents' names, Mark and Alice, which I don't think I ever found through the blog.

Interestingly, it was published on my birthday.

I can't take full credit; the Stelzl daughter blogging as The Country Muffin included the link in her latest post about a visit to the Wilkes' farm. The Stelzl family blog went dark sometime this spring/summer, so the only updates available on that family now come from her.

@halcionne I have the following information:

Mark C. (b. 19 Aug 1958) and Alice m 8 Jun 1985

Joshua (b. 22 Jun) and Lisa Butler (b. 15 Oct 1983) m. 17 Sep 2011

Josiah Bradford (b. 12 Jul 2012)

Peter

Titus

Jennifer (b. 3 Oct 1986) and Derrick Waller (b. 1982) m. 27 Jun 2015

Matthew (b. Sep 1988) and Amanda Neely (b. Aug 1990) m. 18 May 2013

Annalise

Nathanael

Daniel

Sarah (b. 19 Jun 1993)

Kenan (b. 21 Jun 1995)

Adam (b. 7 Dec 1996)

Hannah (b. 27 Jan 1999)

Mark Christopher (b. 20 Mar 2001)

2 hours ago, Bethella said:

@halcionne I have the following information:

Mark C. (b. 19 Aug 1958) and Alice m 8 Jun 1985

Joshua (b. 22 Jun 1985 [per the article upthread]) and Lisa Butler (b. 15 Oct 1983) m. 17 Sep 2011

Josiah Bradford (b. 12 Jul 2012)

Peter

Titus Goforth (b. 27 Feb 2014)

Jennifer (b. 3 Oct 1986) and Derrick Waller (b. 14 Jun 1982) m. 27 Jun 2015

Matthew (b. Sep 1988) and Amanda Neely (b. Aug 1990) m. 18 May 2013

Annalise (b. 10 Mar 2014)

Nathanael (b. on or about 15 Oct 2015)

Daniel

Sarah (b. 19 Jun 1993)

Kenan (b. 21 Jun 1995)

Adam (b. 7 Dec 1996)

Hannah (b. 27 Jan 1999)

Mark Christopher (b. 20 Mar 2001)

Wow, thanks. I added a bit of data above that I did have previously. So the parents got married a couple of weeks before Josh was born. I guess they weren't fundie back then. ;) 

2 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Wow, thanks. I added a bit of data above that I did have previously. So the parents got married a couple of weeks before Josh was born. I guess they weren't fundie back then. ;) 

Lol, great catch!

And thank you to @Bethella for the very comprehensive list! The only thing I would switch around is Titus and Peter's names--Titus is Joshua's second child, and Peter is the third.

Thanks @halcionne and @AliC!

If you don't watch the Upcoming Babies thread- Jennifer Wilkes Waller had her baby this morning, a girl named Adalynn Faith.

• 4 months later...

This is a great thread. I always feel strangely left out since the Wilkes haven't updated their sites (main family plus the off-shoots) in a long time, so it's good to see this (& I'm sorry I didn't catch it until now).

Lisa & Josh's two oldest look like they're twins, don't they?

Archived