IGNORED

Skinny dipping SC women in trouble with the law

47of74

Kadie Naumann and Kyla Cole of South Carolina are in a bit of trouble with the law now after their skinny dipping session at an apartment pool was interrupted by police.

thesmokinggun.com/buster/naked-women/skinny-dipping-duo-nabbed-629340

Responding to an 11 PM noise complaint Monday, cops found Naumann, 23, and Cole, 32, “completely nude” at the swimming pool of an apartment complex near Myrtle Beach.

The women, guests of a resident, “did not have bathing suits with them so they decided to swim in the nude,” according to a Horry County Police Department report. The duo and two friends, police noted, appeared “highly intoxicated.”

As cops sought to do a warrants check on the quartet, Naumann (seen above, at left) and Cole began to walk away, ignoring a police demand to remain in place. Naumann then became belligerent and allegedly delivered a “mule kick” to a male cop’s genitals.

Both women were then arrested for indecent exposure, a misdemeanor. Naumann was also charged with assaulting a police officer. Naumann and Cole were released from jail Tuesday afternoon upon posting bond ($5000 for Naumann, $2500 for Cole).

2 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Oh god, doesn't american police have anything else to worry about than two drunk people swimming naked? 

It depends on where they were and who they were disturbing. Best not to assign a blanket assumption.

Good grief!  I went skinny dipping with a boyfriend when I was high (we'd smoked some grass) about 40 years ago.  I'll bet skinny dipping happens all the time in Myrtle Beach.  Heck, there's even a reference to skinny dipping in Where the Boys Are about spring break in Ft Lauderdale circa 1960.

I'd be willing to bet that, had the one listened and stayed where she was told to stay, and the other one not kicked an officer in the junk, that they'd probably have been just let off with a warning.  Maybe a fine for being drunk in public.  But skinny dipping in an apartment complex pool isn't the smartest thing in the world to do, which is why when I read they were drunk I was, shall we say, less than shocked.

On August 14, 2016 at 6:28 AM, Fundie Bunny said:

Oh god, doesn't american police have anything else to worry about than two drunk people swimming naked? 

Well, considering Myrtle Beach is a family vacation destination in SC (I personally hate Myrtle Beach but I lived in Charleston), it can be a problem.  I would be concerned if I saw two drunk naked women making a nuisance swimming in my complex pool.  

Not to mention the police did have an obligation to check out the noise complaint.  Per the article, the police didn't just show up, they were called.

ETA: I've been skinny dipping also.  I just didn't make a lot of noise  I didn't get caught.  LOL

Hmm. Skinny dipping happens a lot at a certain age & time. I've never done it drink though. Or in a public place where getting caught is likely. No reason to kick the cop. He was just doing his job. Of course now he has a good story to tell... 

On 8/14/2016 at 5:28 AM, Fundie Bunny said:

Given that highly drunk people + water is a terrible combination, I'm glad they intervened. And depending on how loud these guests were, they could have been and likely were disturbing the peace of the people who actually lived in the complex. After all, someone had to make the call to begin with. 

So yeah, the American police were pretty much doing what they were supposed to be doing: protecting and serving. 

(ETA: And I'd highly doubt they'd have been arrested if they hadn't become belligerent and one hadn't assaulted an officer. I suspect they would have been told to take their party inside and quiet it down, which is how most minor things like that are handled.) 

Archived