IGNORED

Meth lab found under New York Wal-Mart parking lot.

47of74

A meth lab was found at, yeah, you guessed it, a Wal-Mart parking lot.

nbc4i.com/2016/08/09/underground-meth-lab-found-in-walmart-parking-lot/

A possible underground meth lab was discovered under a Walmart parking lot in New York Monday afternoon.

As Walmart shoppers ran their errands, two first responders  in full hazmat suits were lowered beneath the parking lot through a man hole.

“It’s a concern I mean it’s unbelievable in this area, this isn’t a bad area,” said Steve Harding, who lives about two miles from the store.

Amherst Police told WIVB that officers found the evidence in a culvert that runs below the parking lot. They said it’s tall enough to stand up in and it was not secured, so anyone could access it.

That guy must live a sheltered existence if he thinks that the area the Wal-Mart is in is not a bad area.  Having worked at one for just about two years we had all sorts of, shall we say, interesting clientèle in the store.

12 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

Walmarts attract the weirdest everything and everyone.

Others in my family can't understand why I'd rather avoid Wally World if at all possible.  Having worked in one I've had enough of it to last the rest of my life.   I can count on one hand the number of times I've been in there over the past decade. 

3 hours ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

That is like 15 minutes away from me. It was crazy. LOL

Me too, I shop there a lot.  And it really isn't a bad neighborhood.

14 hours ago, Adrienne83 said:

*waves to the fellow 716ers* :D

It sure sounds like a happening area code to me.

Several years ago, there was a meth lab across the hall from me in my former apartment building.

*waves to the 716ers even though I'm a 315er*

hi there, 315!!  back in the early 1980's when I lived in the 207 (Maine), we were on a rural dead-end road with only 6 houses.  the sixth house was occupied by off-grid homesteaders; they had a small farm and cabin, no utilities/plumbing (did have a well), homeschooled their 2 kids, and so forth.  one summer, about 6 or 8 cars a day would go down the road to this house, then 10 minutes later come back out.  the one day a couple of state troopers went racing down there.  turns out they were growing pot in their greenhouse.

the father did some time, but I remember that he wasn't gone for very long.  about a year and a half later they moved away when their cabin burned down in a massive chimney fire--they were burning green wood and the buildup of creosote ignited.

9 hours ago, catlady said:

hi there, 315!!  back in the early 1980's when I lived in the 207 (Maine), we were on a rural dead-end road with only 6 houses.  the sixth house was occupied by off-grid homesteaders; they had a small farm and cabin, no utilities/plumbing (did have a well), homeschooled their 2 kids, and so forth.  one summer, about 6 or 8 cars a day would go down the road to this house, then 10 minutes later come back out.  the one day a couple of state troopers went racing down there.  turns out they were growing pot in their greenhouse.

the father did some time, but I remember that he wasn't gone for very long.  about a year and a half later they moved away when their cabin burned down in a massive chimney fire--they were burning green wood and the buildup of creosote ignited.

When my dad and mom first got married dad was farming at my great uncle's place while he was building a new farm on the property where they live now.  For the first few years after he bought the place he and my uncle were tearing down the old barn and building a new barn, silo, grain storage, etc.   He had the house but wasn't ready to move us up there yet.  So he rented the house out to some rather interesting parties.  Including someone who had painted the walls black and after not paying rent plus trashing the place dad kicked him out.  It took my mom and dad a while to clean up afterwards because he just left a bunch of garbage there as a parting gift.

This almost beats out the meth lab in the apartment building right across the street from my high school's cafeteria. Almost.

Wally World. The bastion of civilization.

I'm shocked it wasn't a Walmart somewhere on Meth Mountain (area of north Alabama notorious for it's meth problems)

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:34 AM, smittykins said:

Several years ago, there was a meth lab across the hall from me in my former apartment building.

*waves to the 716ers even though I'm a 315er*

:: waves to the 716ers & 315ers from a 518er ::

On 8/9/2016 at 5:53 PM, AmazonGrace said:

It just proves you can get everything at Wal-Mart.

As we say around here: "Where America Shops!"

And ... we love the people watching.  Walmartians are the best!

Archived