IGNORED

Perry Noble Fired as Lead Pastor of NewSpring Church

DomWackTroll

“Duffey said the termination came after Noble ‘had made unfortunate choices and decisions that have caused much concern’ among board members, who had confronted Noble more than once in recent months about his alcohol use and his ‘posture toward marriage.’”

Noble says—in a statement read/approved by NewSpring—that there was no infidelity, so I’m guessing he was taking baby steps towards supporting gay marriage?

Noble is the mentor of Davey Blackburn, whose wife Amanda was murdered in a home invasion in Indianapolis.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2016/07/10/perry-noble-announcement/86915826/

And there were problems with alcohol:

Duffey said the termination came after Noble "had made unfortunate choices and decisions that have caused much concern" among board members, who had confronted Noble more than once in recent months about his alcohol use and his "posture toward marriage."

Allegedly.:my_dodgy:

My daughter told me about this when I got back from a week in the Adirondacks yesterday.  I see stickers on cars for NewSpring all the time.

Did they ever arrest anyone in the Blackburn murder? 

@DomWackTroll, thanks for the update.  I'm glad that an arrest was made.  I have mentioned this before but Amanda's grandfather used to work with my mom and they were good friends besides.  

Heh, heh, loved this ending to the article:

In 2015, NewSpring's income was more than $64 million, according to an annual report posted on the church website.

NewSpring is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, but leaders of that organization have criticized Noble regarding the church's use of secular music. Noble's messages have also been controversial at times — including one last year in which he said the Ten Commandments were not commandments.

A similar controversy erupted in 2009, when the NewSpring house band opened the Easter service with the rock song "Highway to Hell."

I can see how this could be used to teach about the pitfalls of the party lifestyle, but not so much in the Easter spirit. 

Archived