IGNORED

The West Wing

Lillybee

I have been watching the last season of this show. It is pleasant to watch a presidential campaign even if it is fictional be run by decent, honorable people. I wish Vinnick or Santos were running today.

LOL. I am just watching this for the first time, finally, Love it.

I was having lunch with my SIL the other day. she is a rabid Republican. I am   not.

She asked if there was a Republican I could get behind, I said Arnie Vinick. She did not get it,  @Lillybeewill!

Seeing this thread prompted me to start binge-watching West Wing again (probably the 4th time I've been through the whole series...).

I love Sorkin's thoughtful, rapid dialogue. I enjoyed his subsequent shows, both considered failures to some extent (Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Network), for the same reason. I'm so tired of dramas that have limited character development!

Come to think of it, all of the above is why I like Gilmore Girls and Orange is the New Black, too. 

Any other quality dramas/dramedies I'm missing?

The Debate between Santos and Vinnick is one of the most well written episodes that I have ever watched on the TV.  It was written by Lawrence O'Donnell and it was a masterpiece.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2016 at 0:30 PM, AlysonRR said:

Seeing this thread prompted me to start binge-watching West Wing again (probably the 4th time I've been through the whole series...).

I love Sorkin's thoughtful, rapid dialogue. I enjoyed his subsequent shows, both considered failures to some extent (Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Network), for the same reason. I'm so tired of dramas that have limited character development!

Come to think of it, all of the above is why I like Gilmore Girls and Orange is the New Black, too. 

Any other quality dramas/dramedies I'm missing?

I was putting random letters into the search feature on Netflix, and found Being Mary Jane. For some reason, I thought it was like Weeds! It wasn't, but I enjoyed it very much. Only three seasons, and not network, so not many too episodes. It's about a woman in her late thirties, her job as a cable newswoman, her boyfriends, her friends, and my favorite part, her family. Fourth season in production. I also enjoyed Nurse Jackie, and the United States of Tara. Interesting, a little quirky, but good writing and the characters have layers.

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen (and enjoyed) United States of Tara and Nurse Jackie, but hadn't heard of Being Mary Jane - I'll take a look! Tx!  

I enjoyed Nurse Jackie, but wasn't thrilled with how they ended it. United States of Tara I enjoyed a lot. On Netflix if you haven't watched Freaks & Geeks it was a well written and produced show NBC axed way too soon. I mostly watch Netflix since I just have rabbit ears for regular tv. Wentworth on Netflix was a complete binge fest, basically the Australian version of Orange is the New Black. My husband and I watch Justified on Amazon Prime. I will say the first season I was meh, about. Season 2 they brought in method actress Margo Martindale and it really improved the show. There are so many options it is almost overwhelming at times.

Archived