IGNORED

Do we need another reason to avoid Texas?

doggie

I guess the TX supreme court has no issue with uneducated unemployable kids being burdens on the state when they reach adulthood.  :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

And to think of the HUGE say Texas has on the text books for the public schools in this country.

TEXIT! TEXIT! TEXIT!

Oh, I think Alabama has Texas beat on on stupid. It isn't called Talibama for no reason.

7 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

This. Is why I support #Texit.

Every time Texas threatens to secede, I respond with "promise?"

3 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I guess the TX supreme court has no issue with uneducated unemployable kids being burdens on the state when they reach adulthood.  :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

They need poor people to hate and oppress. What fun is it being rich and powerful if you can't mock and demean people for being worse off than you?

Ha!  Definitely an anomaly.  TX is usually rigid about attendance issues.  My kids attend TX public schools, and in our school district, once your kid reaches 10 absence days, you get reported to the court.  Typically it is only for unexcused absences, but at my daughter's school, we have a shitty counselor who doesn't want to do her job of differentiating between excused and unexcused absences, so will just report everyone.  My daughter has never had an attendance issue, but caught a bad stomach virus near the beginning of the school year last September, and missed 5 days of school, so I worried for the rest of the school year.  

The court system is serious about truancy.  A former coworker had a younger sister who had behavioral and attendance issues, and she had to take time off to help her parents handle her sister.  I don't remember all of the details, but the court was going to take action against the parents due to the sister's attendance.

From my school district's handbook:

Texas Education Code Section 25.095 requires school districts to notify a student’s parent or legal guardian in writing at the beginning of the school year if the student is absent from school on 10 or more days or parts of days within a six-month period in the same school year. In accordance with this requirement this officially notifies the parent and or legal guardian that: 1. the student’s parent is subject to prosecution under Texas Education Code Section 25.093; and 2. the student is subject to prosecution under Texas Education Code Section 25.094 or referral to truancy court for truant conduct under Section 65.003(a), Family Code. If a student is absent from school three days or parts of days in a four-week period without parental consent or is absent without an excuse for 10 or more days or parts of days in a six-month period, the district will send a notice home to inform the parent that: 1. It is the parent’s duty to monitor the student’s school attendance and require the student to attend school; and 2. the student is subject to truancy prevention methods under Texas Education Code Section 25.0915 ; and 3. the parent should request a conference with the school officials to discuss the absences. A student absent from school without permission from any class, from required special programs such as accelerated (additional special) instruction assigned by the Grade Placement Committee and basic skills for ninth graders, or from required tutorials, will be considered in violation of the compulsory attendance law and subject to disciplinary action. The fact that a parent did not receive this notice does not create a defense under Texas Education Code Sections 25.093 or under Section 65.003(a), Family Code. “Parent” includes a person standing in the parental relation to a student in the absence of a parent or legal guardian.

10 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Maybe the TX supreme court is anticipating being raptured, so they don't think they have anything to worry about.

27 minutes ago, refugee said:

Maybe the TX supreme court is anticipating being raptured, so they don't think they have anything to worry about.

I think they already have been.

So this family has been waiting for 12 years for The Rapture That Hasn't Yet Happened?

27 minutes ago, JMarie said:

So this family has been waiting for 12 years for The Rapture That Hasn't Yet Happened?

patience is a virtue. 

Somebody needs to pass this news on to the Naugler's as I here they're relocating! Sounds the perfect place for them to unschool and they'd be free of those ebil Kentucky officials. :2wankers:

Texas is dumb anyway. I looked at their curriculum and grad rates. The kids are dumb. Sorry Texans. If I ever move there, which I'm not all of my kids will be homeschooled.

My state is so embarrassing sometimes.  Truly,  good public education does exist here. But the idiots, sadly, tend to be in charge of most of the state.

12 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Stuff like this is why I like you.

Let's hope today's Supreme Court decision inspires greater movement toward #Texit.

Honestly, if you think the Rapture is right around the corner, why bother having children in the first place?

Honestly, if you think the Rapture is right around the corner, why bother having children in the first place?

Cause God will love you more.

On 6/26/2016 at 2:20 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

They need poor people to hate and oppress. What fun is it being rich and powerful if you can't mock and demean people for being worse off than you?

Same here. I think that if they were to get their wish, the next time there's a hurricane, flood, etc, they get no federal assistance to recover. See how they like it then.

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Because you're horny and get off on having someone vulnerable and ignorant to control?

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Because you're horny and get off on having someone vulnerable and ignorant to control?

A more immediate, if lesser, rapture...

You know, maybe the real reason the rapture hasn't taken up all of these people is none of them would be able to pass the mandatory reading and math tests if you can't get thru the eye of the needle prerequisite.  

On June 25, 2016 at 7:17 PM, Black Aliss said:

This. Is why I support #Texit.

Me too, except I insist they take Alabama and Mississippi with them...and the Duggars. 

Archived