IGNORED

Robbins Seminar Continues Despite Dozens Burned At Fire-Walking Event

47of74

Yeah, people never learn. 

dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/06/24/dozens-burned-after-fire-walking-event-at-tony-robbins-seminar

Dozens of people were burned Thursday night after walking over hot coals at a Tony Robbins motivational seminar in Dallas, and at least five of those hurt had to be hospitalized, officials said.

Ambulances were lined up outside the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center just after 11 p.m. Those who were more seriously injured were taken to the Parkland Hospital Burn Center.

Members of Dallas Fire-Rescue also asked that a Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) bus be used as a staging-area for between 30 and 40 people who were less seriously hurt.

This is not the first time people have been hurt at Robbins’ seminars. In July 2012, nearly two dozen people reported being burned after a fire-walking exercise at a Robbins’ event in San Jose, California.

JeanLucFacePalm.jpg

I wonder if they feel more godly, being burned for god and all.  Why am I picturing this?

image.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I wonder if they feel more godly, being burned for god and all.  Why am I picturing this?

image.jpeg

As far as I know, Tony Robbins is a secular, self-help shyster.  I'd assume the activities had nothing to do with God.  

26 minutes ago, Closed Womb said:

As far as I know, Tony Robbins is a secular, self-help shyster.  I'd assume the activities had nothing to do with God.  

Of course, you are right. I'm an idiot. I think I had Joel Osteen in my frazzled mind. But, I stand by the lemmings meme!

I'm especially excited that they call a first degree burn a 'kiss'

FFS.

Also, I bet those were some HOSTILE bus drivers.  Because they're pretty damn willing to be a staging area when there's a fire or a flood (Mr. Dawbs has pulled some overtime doing that before, and was glad he was helpful) but...people believing idiotic shit would not make for cheerful attentionl

But... but... Oprah did this & was completely uninjured. Those that were must be unbelievers.

:: rolls eyes ::

I do hope that they'll be ok. And yes, I admit to watching that Oprah episode at a friend's house. We talked about doing something similar, but with flames drawn on pieces of paper. I am so glad that we never did that.  

Crazy how you talk about doing weird shite with your friends & the idea seemed perfectly normal at that time, isn't it?

Archived