IGNORED

Christian colleges losing minds in CA

QuiverDance

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-religious-freedom-bill-20160622-snap-story.html

The gist of this story is that there is legislation proposed in CA which would make it harder for Christian colleges to crack down on premarital sex and the ultimate sin of being homosexual on campus.

One of my neighbors, who I just realized is way fundie (graduated from Biola and just started homeschooling her 5 kids) is being very vocal about this.  

I believe Ken Alexander went to Biola for divinity school.  

I fully expected to see my alma mater in this article. I've largely dropped (or hid) a lot of my former friends from college on social media, but there's been a TON of discussion on this popping up on my Facebook newsfeed. I've rolled my eyes a lot at all the "Stand up for what is right! Kick all the closeted kids out! P-in-V is the ONLY WAY!!! PERSECUTION FROM LIBERALS!!!!" comments. They want their cake ($$$$$$ so that they can charge their outrageous tuition) and eat it too (discriminate and teach hate/fear against the LGBT community). Gonna have to choose now....

(fun fact: My college considered Biola to be wayyyyyyy too liberal lol)

2 minutes ago, Marshmallow World said:

I fully expected to see my alma mater in this article. I've largely dropped (or hid) a lot of my former friends from college on social media, but there's been a TON of discussion on this popping up on my Facebook newsfeed. I've rolled my eyes a lot at all the "Stand up for what is right! Kick all the closeted kids out! P-in-V is the ONLY WAY!!! PERSECUTION FROM LIBERALS!!!!" comments. They want their cake ($$$$$$ so that they can charge their outrageous tuition) and eat it too (discriminate and teach hate/fear against the LGBT community). Gonna have to choose now....

Well, it must be—my one friend who went there is kind of Mr. Uber-Christian Hetero White Guy, but he not only embraces the gays but has apparently decided trans rights are his Jesus-sanctioned mission in life.

Takes all kinds, I guess.

Interesting.  

I just don't know how a college educated person cannot understand the hypocrisy inherent in these schools' position.  

You need to keep giving us money, and allow us a religious exemption to vilify others on the basis of an inherent aspect of their identities which are not a choice, and if you DON'T allow us to discriminate, you are the discriminators because DIVERSITY and RELIGIOUS FREEDOM.  Meanwhile, this school's administrators are posting shit on FB about being KIND TO OTHERS.  It's amazing.

Here's a solution:  operate without state funding.  Boom.  Done.  

On 6/24/2016 at 0:48 PM, QuiverDance said:

Interesting.  

I just don't know how a college educated person cannot understand the hypocrisy inherent in these schools' position.  

You need to keep giving us money, and allow us a religious exemption to vilify others on the basis of an inherent aspect of their identities which are not a choice, and if you DON'T allow us to discriminate, you are the discriminators because DIVERSITY and RELIGIOUS FREEDOM.  Meanwhile, this school's administrators are posting shit on FB about being KIND TO OTHERS.  It's amazing.

Here's a solution:  operate without state funding.  Boom.  Done.  

Easy. It's a special kind of college education. It's called teaching a Christian worldview, er, indoctrination and brainwashing and power-mongering.

The Master's College? I had a few friends who went there. It sounded crazy.

The universities most affected are those that get government funds or enroll students who receive state financial aid, including Biola, Fresno Pacific University, Simpson University and Jessup.

Stop taking state funds, and you can discriminate all you want.

Seems like a simple enough solution.

Or are they too, ahem, greedy for that?

Archived