IGNORED

Christina Grimmie Shot Dead

mango_fandango

Christina Grimmie was a singer. She became famous on YouTube before entering The Voice and coming third. 

She opened a show in Orlando, with the band Before You Exit performing the main show. They all signed autographs afterwards. In the midst of this, a guy armed with two guns opened fire on Christina, who sadly died of her injuries in hospital. A person who attended the concert said that security guards merely looked in her purse, no patting down or anything. Christina's brother tackled the shooter to the ground. Shooter then shot himself dead. Nobody else was hurt. Police are trying to discover the shooter's identity.

I am so fucking glad I live in a country where guns are not easily available. This shooting may not receive major coverage because Christina wasn't hugely famous, nor was it a mass shooting, but that shouldn't matter. It's a fucking waste. Something is wrong with humanity.

The only knowledge i have of this woman is because a classmate claimed she was his long distance girlfriend right when she started touring with Selena Gomez. 

Thi is just fucking nuts. How do you get a gun past security that easily and shoot to death a 22 year old?

I heard about her because my friend loves The Voice and Christina. She's pretty upset right now. 

I've been distraught and upset the whole day, i'm a huge the voice fan and watched her season. I loved her. This is heartbreaking...

I've never heard of her before, but this is very sad. I think they're saying the shooter was an ex of some kind?

I feel bad for her brother (and all of her family, of course). In addition to watching his sister be killed, jumping on the shooter and having the shooter kill himself under him would have to be very traumatic.

Tragic loss of a young woman who had her whole life ahead of her and was realising her dream. Thoughts with her family and friends and to those who witnessed it. RIP on Christina

3 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I've never heard of her before, but this is very sad. I think they're saying the shooter was an ex of some kind?

I feel bad for her brother (and all of her family, of course). In addition to watching his sister be killed, jumping on the shooter and having the shooter kill himself under him would have to be very traumatic.

I've seen reports saying they did not know each other.

I have no idea who she is, but this story is tragic. I will never understand why some people do such awful things like murder another person. Christina had her whole life ahead of her, she was young and talented and its such a waste.

13 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

That's what I'm seeing now too. It's horrific either way, but it's so random and bizarre when a stranger decides to do something like this.

On June 11, 2016 at 10:04 PM, mango_fandango said:

I thought it was a deranged fan of hers. I saw report that Adam Levine is going to pay for the funeral.  

12 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I thought it was a deranged fan of hers. I saw report that Adam Levine is going to pay for the funeral.  

According to an eyewitness account, the guy waited in line after her concert during the meet & greet next to the merch tables and shot her when it was his turn in line (the witness was directly behind him). Security was shit and didn't check bags - actually told someone who was unzipping her purse, "You're fine, just go!" without even looking, so he got into the venue pretty easily. 

I watched her season of The Voice. She was one of the final three contestants - which speaks tremendously to her talent. I'm shocked she was killed. :(

After Christina was shot, her brother Marcus tackled the gunman down, which is when the gunman killed himself. Her brother may very well have saved the entire crowd from another shooting -- if I'm not mistaken, police have evidence to believe he was planning to kill more people. 

RIP Christina...

Archived