IGNORED

Man busted for DUI needed to have chasity belt removed at jail.

47of74

No not Florida.  A Tennessee man busted at a DUI checkpoint needed to have a chastity belt removed.

thesmokinggun.com/documents/drunk/drunk-driver-busted-in-chastity-belt-749023

Curtis Eidam, 35, was busted at a DUI checkpoint outside Knoxville after failing a series of field sobriety tests. Eidam, who copped to drinking four or five shots in the hours before the bust, smelled of booze, was unsteady on his feet, and registered a .117 on a Breathalyzer test, investigators noted.

Upon being taken into custody, Eidam told Sergeant Dennis Smith that “he would need a key from the vehicle he was operating.” Eidam, Smith added, then “went on to explain the key fit a chastity belt that was attached to his penis.”

Eidam, seen above, told Smith that there were two keys for the chastity belt. One, he said, was on the key chain in his Toyota Tundra. The second key was on a necklace worn by Rebecka Alexander, Eidam’s female companion. Alexander, 44, was in the car’s passenger seat and was “highly intoxicated,” according to a criminal complaint.

A second cop retrieved the key from Eidam’s vehicle and subsequently gave it to personnel at the Anderson County lockup. Sadly, the court filing does not chronicle how jailers handled Eidam’s chastity belt, nor is the device further described.

Not sure if this is what the actual device looked like...

Spoiler

chasfrtbelt16.jpg

Now I'm wondering if young Joshley Duggar is being outfitted with one of these when he goes anywhere? 

What? Is that a sort of BDSM thing like necklace collars? As odd as it is I don't know why this should of even been posted online. Why are we publicly shaming people for their wierd kinks with their full names, age and state? I get how the public has access to information about arrests but why was this shared as well? I feel like we share way too much about small time criminals for public amusement. 

5 hours ago, McDoodleDoodleDoo said:

What? Is that a sort of BDSM thing like necklace collars? As odd as it is I don't know why this should of even been posted online. Why are we publicly shaming people for their wierd kinks with their full names, age and state? I get how the public has access to information about arrests but why was this shared as well? I feel like we share way too much about small time criminals for public amusement. 

Yes, it's a kink thing. You can buy a variety of chastity belts for men. (I saw one that looked a lot like a mason jar.) They're intended for sex play, and I don't see why someone should be shamed for wearing one any more than, for instance, sexy underwear.

How do I know this, you ask? It was just research, for something very serious. (Okay, it was for a fanfic, but whatever.)

The only reason an article was written about this man was to share his sexual preferences when he wasn't publicly sharing them just because he committed a stupid crime. If the average American not involved with criminal activity does not feel comfortable with the thought of a NSA having access to their personal matters, then why are we indulging in this low bar journalism? 

It doesn't matter if any shame should or should not be viewed on his personal choices, it was never a detail of his life that should ever be shared without permission. The details of his sex toy lingerie held no significance or factor to the crime and had no business being shared for public consumption. If you wouldn't want it shared about you for the internet to laugh or judge about and tie to your name on the internet forever, why is it ok for this guy? Because he did a stupid crime?

Where does the line draw? Old women crashes into a tree and has a sex whip and butt plug in her purse? Mother of 4 rear ends a postal truck and you will not believe the tramp stamp tattoo and nipple piercings she has! 19 year old son of mega church pastor was caught underage drinking and happened to be wearing female undergarments, you will not believe what animal print he was wearing!

It's crossing a line and it seems to be getting more slippery each year. Where does the line draw? Only when it is person commits crimes we all agree are bad like drugs and drunk driving? Only when the extra details pertain to non conventional sex acts like bdsm? What about when this journalism becomes more standard because it's cheap and states like Florida make it easy to comb through because they sell it all to the public and other states follow suit? What if you become a target because you had a stupid incident and ypur personal details were able to be written down in a police report. What is next? Sharing the funny or shocking internet history of famous people and criminals right after they die? The lack of respect for privacy is getting ridiculous.

Archived