IGNORED

Trump's Supreme Court shortlist

Witherwings

According to Life News, the anti-choice website, we should all be thrilled. So IMO, if Life News likes them, they are probably bad news for women's rights. 

That list is one of the biggest reasons I'll vote for the dem, no matter who it is.  Because who knows how many spots are going to end up needing to be filled in the next 4-8 years and I don't want any of those people to be on the bench.

I wish we could just clone a couple of RBG's and be done with it.

3 hours ago, Julifornia said:

Where's Hillery's list of nominees?  Or Bernie's?

Color me confused. Why would they need to present a list of nominees? Did Obama decide he was rescinding his nomination of Merrick Garland and no longer going to fulfill one of his presidential duties?

6 hours ago, Julifornia said:

Where's Hillery's list of nominees?  Or Bernie's?

Nowhere because what Trump did was completely unnecessary. Except it does show us the sort of folks he is willing to put in powerful positions. 

4 hours ago, OnceUponATime said:

Color me confused. Why would they need to present a list of nominees? Did Obama decide he was rescinding his nomination of Merrick Garland and no longer going to fulfill one of his presidential duties?

Why not? It is very likely that there will be future replacements other than Scalia. 

Well, I'm not hopeful about any on Trump's list. Like I said, if Life News gushes over them, they are really, really bad news for women's rights. That is the bad part of Trump, he might not believe any of this, but he is willing to put into positions of power people who actually do believe all those things he says. 

If people would let the president do his job, there would be no reason for any of the candidates to present lists. 

1 hour ago, Witherwings said:

Why not? It is very likely that there will be future replacements other than Scalia. 

Either of them publishing lists would most likely be spun by people opposing them as them disagreeing to Obama's right to nominate a candidate now, his ability to chose well and choice of nomination etc. imo not the wisest move

Say you do need another replacement in two years time: the chances are due to life/circumstances/whatever that a shortlist made today would not necessarily be the shortlist made then. Which kinda defeats the purpose of making a shortlist now, ymmv

Archived