IGNORED

Another winner in Texas -- Fossils from the Flood

EyeQueue

This guy found some fossils from Noah's Flood in his backyard, y'all! This is the biggest scientific discovery evar! Forget about that "old-fashioned theory of evolution."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fossils-noah-ark-flood-texas_us_56edaecde4b084c67220724c

This reminds me of that quotation by...Asimov? Someone. Something like: "Only in America is it acceptable for my ignorance to be equal to your scientific fact."

Fun fact: This "self-proclaimed fossil expert" is associated with the Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum in Crosbyton, TX....birthplace of my dad. :pb_lol:

Well, Texas also seems to think that it can secede from the US (pro tip: You can't).

4 hours ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

Well, Texas also seems to think that it can secede from the US (pro tip: You can't).

Secession has only been successful once and that was in 1863, when the western counties of Virginia did not want join the Confederacy so they formed the state of West Virginia. 

5 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

This guy found some fossils from Noah's Flood in his backyard, y'all! This is the biggest scientific discovery evar! Forget about that "old-fashioned theory of evolution."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fossils-noah-ark-flood-texas_us_56edaecde4b084c67220724c

This reminds me of that quotation by...Asimov? Someone. Something like: "Only in America is it acceptable for my ignorance to be equal to your scientific fact."

Fun fact: This "self-proclaimed fossil expert" is associated with the Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum in Crosbyton, TX....birthplace of my dad. :pb_lol:

A Floridian will need to step to the plate and top this.  

19 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Secession has only been successful once and that was in 1863, when the western counties of Virginia did not want join the Confederacy so they formed the state of West Virginia. 

A Floridian will need to step to the plate and top this.  

Actually West Virginia was the second case of that happening.  Maine voted to secede from Massachusetts in 1820 and subsequently became the 23rd state on March 15, 1820.

There are days I wish Austin and San Antonio could split off from the rest of Texas, that Texas would do that five state split that was part of their original annexation agreement.

And all this crap going on down in Texas doesn't sound like a job for Superman.  Instead it sounds like a job for Florida Man/Woman.

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Actually West Virginia was the second case of that happening.  Maine voted to secede from Massachusetts in 1820 and subsequently became the 23rd state on March 15, 1820.

There are days I wish Austin and San Antonio could split off from the rest of Texas, that Texas would do that five state split that was part of their original annexation agreement.

And all this crap going on down in Texas doesn't sound like a job for Superman.  Instead it sounds like a job for Florida Man/Woman.

I had forgotten about Maine seceding from Massachusetts, my bad. 

1 hour ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

Right, but Texas actually seriously discusses the idea of secession from the entire Union, and I'm pretty sure they haven't thought this notion through completely.

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Texas-GOP-to-debate-secession-on-convention-floor-7462082.php 

Alternatively we could give Texas back to Mexico...

19 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Alternatively we could give Texas back to Mexico...

LOL!!!! That would be rich, since I'm sure lots of TX Repubs are slavering to build the wall. So, let's expropriate TX to Mexico (a la David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest) and *then* build the wall.

That would be some poetic justice right there.

39 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

LOL!!!! That would be rich, since I'm sure lots of TX Repubs are slavering to build the wall. So, let's expropriate TX to Mexico (a la David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest) and *then* build the wall.

That would be some poetic justice right there.

That's why it's such a great idea! Mwahaha

On 5/15/2016 at 4:17 PM, THERetroGamerNY said:

Though sometimes I wish they could.....

Archived