IGNORED

Bradlee Dean

freehannie

Have we ever discussed this guy? Apparently Michelle Bachman has donated to this guy's ministry. Here's his movie trailer.

/mywarfilm.com/ and you can get to his blog from there. He's homophobic and likes to do public school assemblies. Total nightmare. :shock:

Okay, I watched his little clip, and I still have no clue what his "documentary" is about... other than a kid in little rock doing a chant with his school...

I do want to address something said on his blog however.... I read his "stance" on homosexuality. I just have a few things to point out.

Sodomy is not illegal in the united states. *I do want to note I know not everyone is from the USA, but since he filmed at least part of this is Arkansas, I think it's safe to say he's from here* Sodomy, while it may still be on some states books as illegal, those laws were made invalid from Lawrence v. Texas. It was a 6-3 Supreme court decision.

"As stated in the first piece, never in the history of mankind has there ever been anything called “gay marriage.†Never."

Again, I refute this! During the Ming dynasty in China (province Fuijan), there were elaborate rituals for Same sex marriage. There is a recorded marriage from 1061 from SPAIN, for heaven's sake! It wasn't made explicitly illegal until a degree in 342 AD in the Theodosian code.

This guy is just a douche bag!

"As stated in the first piece, never in the history of mankind has there ever been anything called “gay marriage.†Never."

Again, I refute this! During the Ming dynasty in China (province Fuijan), there were elaborate rituals for Same sex marriage. There is a recorded marriage from 1061 from SPAIN, for heaven's sake! It wasn't made explicitly illegal until a degree in 342 AD in the Theodosian code.

This guy is just a douche bag!

And even if he was right about this, since when is that an argument against something?

And even if he was right about this, since when is that an argument against something?

Exactly.

"As stated in the first piece, never in the history of mankind has there ever been anything called “the internet.†Never."

"As stated in the first piece, never in the history of mankind has there ever been anything called "democracy†in Afghanistan. Never."

"As stated in the first piece, never in the history of mankind has there ever been anything called “heart transplants.†Never."

Bradlee Dean is scary. He has a radio show on one of the Christian stations in Minneapolis. I used to hear it on occasion. They had the Pearls on once. They've said some other really frightening things too, unfortunately I cannot remember specifics. Their ministry is "You can run but you cannot hide" and the webpage is really annoying. His band is Junkyard Prophet.

Rachel Maddow has talked about him a couple of times.

I wish I could remember the word for this. Years ago, I read about an old arrangement very similar to marriage around (maybe a little after) medieval times in France. It could be entered into by two brothers who wished to maintain farmland together (rather than one inheriting from their father) and was also probably used by some gay couples? It's been years since I read it, I can't remember the name of the term, and because I can't remember much about it I can't find anything to verify whether it's actually, you know, true. ... Has someone heard about this?

No, no, he's totally correct, because the Ming-era Chinese and the many Native American cultures and those two guys from Spain, not being speakers of modern English, didn't refer to their unions with the word "gay" used as a modifier for the two-syllable word "marriage." So, because no one in those past cultures used a three syllable term that rhymed with "tray carriage," gay marriage should not be legalized.

• 5 weeks later...
I wish I could remember the word for this. Years ago, I read about an old arrangement very similar to marriage around (maybe a little after) medieval times in France. It could be entered into by two brothers who wished to maintain farmland together (rather than one inheriting from their father) and was also probably used by some gay couples? It's been years since I read it, I can't remember the name of the term, and because I can't remember much about it I can't find anything to verify whether it's actually, you know, true. ... Has someone heard about this?

Mid-conversation the other day, I yelled "afrèrement!" and then forgot what I had been going to say. Totally worth it though.

"Afrèrement". That was the word I was looking for. Googling it, though, I can't find much except for people saying "I heard of this thing". No primary source stuff.

Archived