IGNORED

My Good Deed for the Day

Rhetorica

Today I was doing a quick sweep of a local thrift store and happened upon Michael and Debi Pearl's _No Greater Joy: Volume Three_ (2001). It's a compilation of about two years' worth of their newsletters. I snapped it up in hopes of possibly sparing the world another Lydia Schatz situation.

If anyone here wants it, let me know and I'll happily mail it to you. Otherwise I'll add it to my collection of fundie artifacts.

Guest Anonymous

I love that you have a collection of fundie artifacts.

I used to collect chick tracts, until my husband THREW THEM AWAY because he didn't know that I collected them to mock them.

Burn it. Video it!

Seconded!

Please use it to start a fire and then post pics to this thread. PLEASE!!! I have a firepit in my back yard and will host the event.

I had fundie artifacts, but I kept ripping them up and throwing them away. Now I don't have any! But my house is a lot less cluttery and feels happy. We should seriously consider a nationwide pop up fundie museum. SERIOUSLY. I wonder if we could pull that off. We could have all the stuff kept together or whatever and then have little home party type things where we bring out the artifacts for our friends and take donations for something. Gosh, now that I say that it sounds like a ton of work. We should at least have a FJ conference sometime where we have former members show us how to dress, etc. We could have little workshops and a fundie fashion show. Not in a mean way though... it couldn't be snarky over the top, but just informative and entertaining. Kind of like the FJ South by Southwest.

After you burn it, burn some sage in the same room to get rid of the bad mojo. :character-jaws:

My best friend used to take Chick tracts and paste cat heads on all the people. Good times - much better read that way.

My best friend used to take Chick tracts and paste cat heads on all the people. Good times - much better read that way.

:lol:

I'm glad you got it out of the thrift store, that way some unsuspecting shmoe won't get sucked into the Pearlverse and kill somebody, like you said. Do you have a clothesline? Peg it up, burn it, video it, and post it on youtube. While it's burning, talk about all the horrible things the Pearls promote. Make sure Michael and Debbi Pearl are in the title. That way, the next time the said shmoe looks for something the Pearls have out on youtube, your video will come up in the que. All about informed choices, right? ;)

Back in the day, they used the Sears catalog. I'm thinking this could serve the same purpose.

*disappointed because our extensive smiley list does not include the steaming pile o' poo*

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions. I'm planning to write my dissertation on the rhetoric of fundamentalist women so if I can stand the bad mojo, I'll probably hang on to it in case I need to reference it at some point.

But if we ever lose heat in the dead of winter and need to start burning things to stay warm, you can bet this will be one of the first "sacrifices" I'll make! :lol:

Archived