IGNORED

The Aspiring Homemaker…no longer aspiring

browngrl

Mia was a SAHD and her blog was a gentle, non controversial account of her country life. I found it rather calm and lovely . She stopped blogging some time ago but early this year she posted that she was going to start blogging again. She has not posted anything since then.

The comments started out enthusiastic to see her blog again but when she did not post anything, some people started to investigate what she is up to. It seems that Mia is no longer a SAHD. She has moved far from her family and is busy with a job and travel. I don't have Facebook but she seems to have gone fairly mainstream. Some of the commenters are not so pleased at this turn of events.

Here's the link : aspiring-homemaker.blogspot.ca/2015/01/hey-there.html

Mods: I searched to see if this had been posted before and didn't find anything but my search skills suck so if this is a repeat - please delete

I wasn't familiar with her, but wow she was very popular with her readers.

In reading the comments of the post you linked to, I felt sorry for the readers who were so eager to see her blog again, and then started worrying about her when they didn't hear from her.

I wonder if she really did intend to blog again and then simply forgot about it? It seemed a little cruel to tease her readers like that, they seemed to really care about her.

Very interesting.

OT, but I was wondering, are there other (internet) famous fundies who have left fundiedom? Other than Vyckie Garrison, and this guy here: brucegerencser.net (though I don't know how fundie he was), I don't know any.

Mia is so beautiful and so genuinely talented; I am SO GLAD she seems to have left fundie-dom.

I personally hope she opens a shop or starts a beauty blog. That woman is crazy talented at historical costuming, and I would LOVE for her to give hair tutorials.

Good for Mia! I really enjoyed her blog, and she's crazy talented as a seamstress. I'm very glad she has apparently left fundiedom and is thriving on her own! :clap:

Never heard of her until now, but good for her for setting out on her own and not waiting at home for Prince Charming to magically appear.

(ETA: Even though the 19th Century cosplay concerns my brown self. :? )

I remember her!

youtube.com/watch?v=XbxKgigQ0Gc

Instagram @Miamarie24 looks like she has been auditioning for film parts. Looked up her mother/sister/brother on social media and they all seem a lot more modern. No one is wearing homestead clothes anymore.

look how adorable her brother is

youtube.com/watch?v=v_2JZ6UIsQM

Very interesting.

OT, but I was wondering, are there other (internet) famous fundies who have left fundiedom? Other than Vyckie Garrison, and this guy here: brucegerencser.net (though I don't know how fundie he was), I don't know any.

Bruce was a Baptist preacher for over 25 years when he started to doubt the veracity of the Bible and faith in general. He's taken heat from the evangelicals he preached to and those he studied under. He's followed the foibles of fundy pastors and has choice words for ATI and the Duggars.

He's a fun read and though I am a believer (ELCA), I respect him and his comments. His blog is very interesting and not quite the rabbit hole that others are. He actually makes sense.

Bruce was a Baptist preacher for over 25 years when he started to doubt the veracity of the Bible and faith in general. He's taken heat from the evangelicals he preached to and those he studied under. He's followed the foibles of fundy pastors and has choice words for ATI and the Duggars.

He's a fun read and though I am a believer (ELCA), I respect him and his comments. His blog is very interesting and not quite the rabbit hole that others are. He actually makes sense.

Bruce is an interesting guy and I enjoy reading his blog. Yes, he was a hard-core Independent Fundamentalist Baptist preacher, and his wife is the daughter of an IFB preacher. Interestingly, his wife began having doubts at about the same time he did. When he fell away from the faith, she was ready to as well and their marriage remains strong.

Her followers sound sincerely concerned. I imagine at least some of them are African American and interested in the SAHD movement, so Mia's absence is seems to be keenly felt. The only other African American SAHD I can think of is Voddie Beacham's daughter, who is now married.

I was entranced by the collection of old photos on her blog and spent some time scrolling through them; but never got to the end.

Glad to hear that she's working & in a job that seems very suited to her considerable abilities.

I used to follow her blog via my RSS feed and always found it a bit strange -- beautiful photos, Pinterest-worthy home & food stuff, dreamy photos of her family, always in vaguely 19th century dress but with their faces obscured. Something always struck me as a little off though, as if the photos & her blog posts were staged while the family spent the occasional weekend at a country cottage or something. She did/does have quite a SAHD following and I can see why some of them were rather crestfallen to find out that maybe Mia wasn't the person they thought she was!

She used to post very lovelly photos in her blog. I was so sad when she decided to close it a year ago, it seems all the good blogs keep closing :cry:

The period themed clothes she makes are incredible well done, and her recreations feel so real! so no surprised she found job in that field. I hope she is happy.

Archived