IGNORED

Fundies on the brain

debrand

I was uncertain what to call this thread as it concerns people that I know in real life.

My friend's family is conservative Christian. The church that they used to attend had a family with several children. After attending some sort of conference, the family(not my friend) decided that they should let God decide the number of future children. Up to that point, they had kids because they wanted a large family. The conference changed their desire for kids into a mission for God, I suppose

A daughter, let's call her Sydney, from the large family used to hang out with both my own and my friend's son. Let's call her son, Bob.

Sydney had a noticable crush on Bob, who treated her like a younger sister. When he worked in retail, she and her friend would walk up to his store and wait for him to go on break. Last year, she asked him to attend a concert with her family but he declined.

This year, she has begun texting Bob. Bob asked her on a date but she told him that she has someone lined up. She isn't certain if the relationship will advance because the boy told her that he loved her more than god so her parents might put the nix on the relationship.

Her family believes in courtship, leaving the number of children up to god etc but don't mind their daughter being open that she might be searching for a new boyfriend.

It just struck me as humorous that on one hand, Sydney is not above finding her own future courtship partner but on the other hand, she plays by her family's rules. It is a strange mix of more modern dating habits and fundamentalism

Bob doesn't want to court so I don't see their relationship going beyond friendship

Im in the car and was flipping through my bible and came across this verse that i had to post on FJ

"And david said to Uriah Tarry here to day also and to morrow I will let thee depart.So Uriah abode in Jerusalem that day and the morrow" 2 Samuel 11:12

This reminds me of our maxwell family which means boredom has broughr about a case of fundies on the brain! Since joining FJ I feel like my brain is turned into fundie radar like I can go somewhere and spot denim skirts and guess what denomimation they usually belong to or when I get religious invites to church its like a monster has been created lol and most ppl have no idea why we find fundies and their agendas scary. Anyone else have this?

Im in the car and was flipping through my bible and came across this verse that i had to post on FJ

"And david said to Uriah Tarry here to day also and to morrow I will let thee depart.So Uriah abode in Jerusalem that day and the morrow" 2 Samuel 11:12

Ah, see, my preferred Bible translation says:

"And david said to Uriah It is tarry here today, therefore you will be stuck in the tar -- to morrow I will let thee depart. So Uriah abode in the Macadam, that day and the morrow"

;)

Ah, see, my preferred Bible translation says:

"And david said to Uriah It is tarry here today, therefore you will be stuck in the tar -- to morrow I will let thee depart. So Uriah abode in the Macadam, that day and the morrow"

;)

No wonder the Maxwells think they are so special! Uriah's Canada troubles were fortold!

Archived