IGNORED

Bobby Deen in "Brown Face" on Paula Deen's Social Media

MatthewDuggar

cnn.com/2015/07/07/living/paula-deen-brownface-feat/index.html

She pulled the old picture and fired her Social Media manager. What about the brilliant people who thought this was a good idea at the time, or was it just them? I'm sure they severed all ties long ago with those people, but there is not mention of that. I personally don' see why he had to do that since Ricky Ricardo never seemed all that "brown" skinned on camera. I just get the general idea that the Deen's are basically assholes in real life. I'm still planning my visit to her restaurant when I visit Savannah near the end of the month.

Apparently she fired her social media manager for posting that. Because you know, social media managers shouldn't post pictures of her show. And that's also just refusing to accept responsibility for doing something racist.

This gives some validity to my belief/hope that people can only hide ugliness for so long. A person can slap lipstick on, and smile and be charming, gain fans and be adored but eventually the ugliness hate and self centeredness creeps out.

I was flabbergasted when I saw that picture. Do these idiots not have a learning curve? I swear it must be a flat line. I know a few people that tried to excuse away Paula using the N-word and say it was in the past, but the "brown face" just proves how racist the family is to this day. They clearly thought it was funny. It isn't a picture from a long time ago, her son is an adult. Assholes all of them.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Well, not that I'd ever go to Savannah and patronize her restaurant anyway but thank you Paula, for helping me save the unnecessary calories and cholesterol.

After all they've lost from their ignorant racism, you'd think they'd at least stop. I'd like to think that they could learn, but apparently not.

The picture is from many years ago when her son guest-starred on the show. Not an excuse for them to be racist oafs but at least he hasn't donned brown face after the media blowout

The picture is from many years ago when her son guest-starred on the show. Not an excuse for them to be racist oafs but at least he hasn't donned brown face after the media blowout

Well, not that they've photographed and published...Forgive my cynicism, but I suspect that family still has a lot of conscious and unconscious racial bias to work through.

Ugh, I used to support her when she was just starting out before she became a brand. She ran a little business inside a Holiday Inn called The Bag Lady, if memory serves. I knew some folks who worked for her at the Lady & Sons restaurant. I heard tell she wasn't shy in spitting out micro-aggressions. The few times I dined there, I didn't fail to notice the FOH staff was white, whilst the BOH was all black. She ain't even from Sav'h, and she's giving it a bad name. If y'all are even in town, hit up Mrs. Wilkes Boardinghouse. It's the same Southern and Lowcountry cuisine without the hate or jacked-up tourist prices.

Well, not that they've photographed and published...Forgive my cynicism, but I suspect that family still has a lot of conscious and unconscious racial bias to work through.

Oh yes I think they are racist to the core. Just that they've tried to hide it from public view now that they've been caught. I don't think they will ever change

Ugh, I used to support her when she was just starting out before she became a brand. She ran a little business inside a Holiday Inn called The Bag Lady, if memory serves. I knew some folks who worked for her at the Lady & Sons restaurant. I heard tell she wasn't shy in spitting out micro-aggressions. The few times I dined there, I didn't fail to notice the FOH staff was white, whilst the BOH was all black. She ain't even from Sav'h, and she's giving it a bad name. If y'all are even in town, hit up Mrs. Wilkes Boardinghouse. It's the same Southern and Lowcountry cuisine without the hate or jacked-up tourist prices.

I admit that when I was in Savannah, I ate once at Lady and Sons, but if I go back, I'd rather eat at other places, as you won't get the hate or tourist prices like you do at her restaurant.

Oh, Mrs Wilkes is positively legendary! The ratings on Trip Advisor and Yelp are about as high as you can get. (A few people were probably a bit miffed that you have to stand in line and they don't take credit cards either.) President Obama lunched there when he was in Savannah back in 2010.

http://mrswilkes.com

I think the Deen boys have a new show in Food Network that is about to premiere. The show is a pretty blatant ripoff of the new show by Matt and Ted Lee (the Lee Brothers) of Charleston who host the show Southern Uncovered on the Ovation Network. It comes on tonight at 8 PM and Matt and Ted will visit Dallas.

Archived