IGNORED

County Clerk Threatens To Marry Her Dog To Oppose Gay Marri

doggie

what is she going to serve at the reception milk bones? or better yet bully sticks?

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/06/30 ... -marriage/

Not willing to set herself on fire, a South Dakota county clerk has decided to oppose gay marriage in a less painful but equally nonsensical way: She will try to marry her dog.

Once again proving that the only slippery slope exists in the fevered minds of the homophobe, the Sioux Falls resident apparently believes that if she were to marry her dog this would prove that gay marriage is wrong, although you would be hard pressed to figure out how.

As KSFY tells it, the clerk was livid over having to (finally) marry same-sex couples and could be heard audibly complaining in front of the people waiting in line to be helped at the state’s treasurer’s office.

While waiting in line with her daughter at the Minnehaha County treasurer’s office Monday, a Sioux Falls mom says she overheard a county clerk make what she calls an offensive comment about the new changes for same sex couples in South Dakota.

“I overheard a part of a conversation with a person in front of us and the clerk that was there, they were discussing the SCOTUS ruling from last week,†Ellee Spawn said.

It is a conversation topic Spawn felt was inappropriate under the circumstances in the first place, but she believes the clerk’s response was even worse.

“Her reaction to that was ‘well apparently I’m just going to marry my dog, because we can just marry whoever we want anymore.’ “

I wonder what her dog has to say to her plans. :think:

Did he already give his consent? Or is he rather :animals-dogrun: from his crazy owner? And do paw prints count as as a valid signature on a legal contract?

I would actually like to see the challenge where someone tried to marry Wal-Mart. Or Boeing. Or Monsanto. :lol:

Because, unlike dogs, corporations legally ARE people. So they should be able to give consent, right? :think:

(except for startups, of course -- they're not yet of age :shifty: )

Does anyone realize how happy I would be if the dominoes from affirming the right to same-sex marriage, turned into revoking corporate personhood?

:cracking-up: wouldn't be merely a goofy icon; I'd actually be doing that. And grinning like this: :D all day long.

sigh. back to reality. :popcorn2:

I would actually like to see the challenge where someone tried to marry Wal-Mart. Or Boeing. Or Monsanto. [emoji38]

Because, unlike dogs, corporations legally ARE people. So they should be able to give consent, right? :think:

Does anyone realize how happy I would be if the dominoes from affirming the right to same-sex marriage, turned into revoking corporate personhood?

:cracking-up: wouldn't be merely a goofy icon; I'd actually be doing that. And grinning like this: :D all day long.

sigh. back to reality. [emoji14]opcorn2:

It would need to be a fully IS only corporation, otherwise there would be an issue of greencards and naturalization.

I would actually like to see the challenge where someone tried to marry Wal-Mart. Or Boeing. Or Monsanto. :lol:

sigh. back to reality. :popcorn2:

As a Federal employee who deals with such issues, my first thought on your questions about marrying a corporation was "I wonder what the tax implications would be."

Umm, protesting SCOTUS by promoting beastiality? Makes perfect sense to me...

So, she is going to screw the pooch?

Sorry, but someone had to say it.

Seriously, this woman is deranged. And just because your employer has a policy you don't like doesn't mean you get to throw a fit in front of the customers. I am just imagining what would happen at my job if I pulled something like this. I would be walked off the premises with a copy paper box full of my personal belongings.

Here's what really irritates me about some of these states and their attitude about this. States collect taxes from their citizens, be those citizens gay or straight. In South Dakota, where this lunatic works, they don't have a state income tax but they do collect money through sales and property taxes. In Louisiana, where Bobby Jindal is adamant about gays not marrying, they do have a state income tax. So tax-paying gay and lesbian citizens, whose payment of taxes actually helps pay the salaries of these clerks, get nothing but attitude from the state. In Louisiana, in particular, I would ask Bobby Jindal if he would consider reducing the tax rate for gay and lesbian citizens since they are not afforded the same rights as those of straight citizens. I would love to hear his answer.

it gets more stupid

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/0...s ... -governor/

Justice Roy Moore of Alabama’s Supreme Court has already made enough a fool of himself it seems. He already violated his oath of office by banning marriage equality, but now a lawyer who works for him, Win Johnson, has written an argument so unconstitutional, one must wonder if they have ever even read the Constitution that they have sworn to uphold?

The letter begins with “Jesus Christ is Lord of all†and goes downhill from there. A religious rant, but with a distinct failure of any civic understanding. Because right up front, in the second paragraph, his argument is encapsulated as the following.

Public officials are ministers of God assigned the duty of punishing the wicked and protecting the righteous.

So, public officials are not civil servants, but religious ministers according to him. As such, they are to enforce Sharia Law, not civic law, by his argument.

Meanwhile in Tennessee

http://www.towleroad.com/2015/07/entire ... -marriage/

The entire staff at Decatur County clerk’s office in Tennessee has resigned following the SCOTUS ruling on same-sex marriage, reports The Jackson Sun.

Clerk Gwen Pope and employees Sharon Bell and Mickey Butler cited their religious beliefs as the reason behind their decision.

Confirming the resignations, County Commissioner David Boroughs praised the employees’ decision because “their faith is so strong and well-rounded that they feel they can do that.â€

Adding that the county had not received any requests for same-sex marriage licenses as of Wednesday afternoon, Mayor Mike Creasy said the resignations will not be effective until July 14.

Earlier this week, a Tennessee hardware store owner posted a sign in the window of his store that reads “NO GAYS ALLOWED†in response to the Court’s ruling.

The last bit made me wonder. While we know some states do have laws that protect gays from discrimination by businesses (see also Idaho cake shop) I would almost be surprised if Tennessee did. If so, is the hardware store sign legal? And how would he know for sure if a client were and why does he not want to sell nails or toilet flappers to gays? I am straight and would hesitate to shop at a store with that sign.

Meanwhile in Tennessee

http://www.towleroad.com/2015/07/entire ... -marriage/

The last bit made me wonder. While we know some states do have laws that protect gays from discrimination by businesses (see also Idaho cake shop) I would almost be surprised if Tennessee did. If so, is the hardware store sign legal? And how would he know for sure if a client were and why does he not want to sell nails or toilet flappers to gays? I am straight and would hesitate to shop at a store with that sign.

In my personal experience, I find that people who are the most intolerant of homosexuality are THE WORST at detecting someone's sexual orientation. I once got told I was going to hell for being a lesbian because someone overheard me say "Oh my gosh, I love you" to my best friend, and several of my European man-friends have had the same problem. Going out on a pretty strong limb, I'd say they suck at it because they don't spend time with gay people who are free to be open about their sexuality in their presence. So they have no idea what a homosexual person is like, which is to say, pretty much just like everyone else.

I wouldn't shop at that store either. It's not like you're a cake decorator who may be the best in town or something either. There are plenty of other hardware stores with the same products that I can go to. I think this guy is shooting himself in the foot.

So, she is going to screw the pooch?

Sorry, but someone had to say it.

Yes, but only doggie style.

Can her dog divorce her too? Does she speak dog language, because the dog has to understand the vows

About a month ago, a Catholic fundie was arguing with me on my personal blog and he trotted out the usual same-sex marriage will lead to people marrying animals argument. My response was where are all these people who are clamoring to marry animals? When was the last time you saw a bestiality rights march in real life (comments on some message board in the darkest corner of the Internet don't count)? It's a non-existent problem. They also bring up the pedophilia card, and once again, there are no marches in favor of pedophilia either. It's unclear if NAMBLA really exists as anything other than a website, and I bet that if it has subscribers, most of them are probably FBI agents. The only people who want to marry children are fundies, especially in Salafi Islam and Mormon fundamentalism.

About a month ago, a Catholic fundie was arguing with me on my personal blog and he trotted out the usual same-sex marriage will lead to people marrying animals argument. My response was where are all these people who are clamoring to marry animals? When was the last time you saw a bestiality rights march in real life (comments on some message board in the darkest corner of the Internet don't count)? It's a non-existent problem. They also bring up the pedophilia card, and once again, there are no marches in favor of pedophilia either. It's unclear if NAMBLA really exists as anything other than a website, and I bet that if it has subscribers, most of them are probably FBI agents. The only people who want to marry children are fundies, especially in Salafi Islam and Mormon fundamentalism.

This pedophilia argument is so stupid and it makes me mad that there are still people who keep bringing that up.

It's like saying that if you legally allow two consenting adults to have sex before marriage, then that surely means that rape will also be allowed soon. :angry-banghead:

Pedphlilia and bestiality are both non-consensual. And even if some, like pedos like to do, will argue that the child wanted it too, well, a child is still too young to understand the consequences of his actions. This is why a 10 year old can't marry his school crush, even if he wants to.

The people that bring it up need to be watched I mean why would they even think about it? Kinda like the gay haters who are gay

These people always piss me off because of the implication that gay people are the same as dogs. Because homosexuals aren't actually human, right? :roll:

How very mature of her.

Seriously, I feel like we're all watching a bunch of over-tired toddlers throwing a tantrum because someone else wants to play with their toys.

Poor dog!!! Living with her must be ruff!!!

How very mature of her.

Seriously, I feel like we're all watching a bunch of over-tired toddlers throwing a tantrum because someone else wants to play with their toys.

Very much this.

These people (homophobes, racists, misogynists, etc) are aware their time is coming to an end. The world is happily moving along without them. Like you said, they are like toddlers trying to get the world's attention. No one but a very small minority is paying attention to them.

How have these devout county clerks managed before now when faced with things against their so-strict consciences? I'm betting they've had to issue marriage licenses to divorced people before. I'm betting they may have even had to help people get information or documents to file for divorce. How did they reconcile these things with their religious beliefs?

Archived