IGNORED

Mars Hill spin-off update

LaLele

If you ever wondered what happened to a couple of the fired pastors from Mars Hill, you can get a little update here: facebook.com/pages/Redemption-Church/268436753280282?pnref=story

Both of the pastors of this church were former protegees of Mark D. They were let go during the pastor purge, and pulled many former members to their new start up church. It looks to be a typical "Jesus is my Bro!" sort of church, typical of Mars Hill. They just upgraded to a large building on Greenlake.

On the surface the church appears to be vaguely welcoming, but there is a lot of anti-homosexual rhetoric on one of the pastor's private facebook pages. He has openly harassed his sister, who is a lesbian, to "get right with God" and refused to acknowledge her wedding to her partner. Later he refused to attend the funeral of this same sister's partner (she died of cancer at a relatively young age).

Great role model material, and just the person I want to lead a flock. :disgust:

If you ever wondered what happened to a couple of the fired pastors from Mars Hill, you can get a little update here: facebook.com/pages/Redemption-Church/268436753280282?pnref=story

Both of the pastors of this church were former protegees of Mark D. They were let go during the pastor purge, and pulled many former members to their new start up church. It looks to be a typical "Jesus is my Bro!" sort of church, typical of Mars Hill. They just upgraded to a large building on Greenlake.

On the surface the church appears to be vaguely welcoming, but there is a lot of anti-homosexual rhetoric on one of the pastor's private facebook pages. He has openly harassed his sister, who is a lesbian, to "get right with God" and refused to acknowledge her wedding to her partner. Later he refused to attend the funeral of this same sister's partner (she died of cancer at a relatively young age).

Great role model material, and just the person I want to lead a flock. :disgust:

Not surprising. Too many people focused on Mark D's toxic personality, but the theology was (and is) toxic as well, which is a perfect set up to attract other toxic personalities who will continue to spread the same toxic beliefs to credulous people.

Yeah, I don't think any of these guys dumped their anti-woman rhetoric. I'm thinking that place would be hostile to anyone who doesn't live a straight, married with kids and a submissive wife at home lifestyle.

How Christianly! Done feeling sorry for their "suffering" under Driscoll. Birds of a feather...

Archived