IGNORED

Prosecuting Women Who Say God’s Name During Sex

Toothfairy

One of the things that the Bible has consistently denounced is the taking of the Lord’s name in vain. In fact, one of the Ten Commandments in the Old Testament states: “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain†(Exodus 20:7). The word “vain†means “for no reason†or “useless.â€

“Thus, God was instructing the Israelites to avoid using his name in a useless, disrespectful way. Instead, the Israelites were supposed to revere the name of God and use it in a serious, considerate way. Many of the ancient Israelites were so respectful of the name of God that they would not even pronounce it or write it for fear of using it in vain. Those who did write it would often throw away the quill they had used, because they thought that any quill that had written God’s name was holy and should not be used for regular words.

“Dr. John Hagee, the founder and senior pastor of the Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, not only agrees with what the Good Book says, but also takes the faith to a level of fanaticism. Speaking exclusively with Newslo, Hagee stated that “in this world of crimes and deaths that surround us, a simple blasphemy does not get that much attention when it should.â€

Saying the Lord’s name in vain might seem petite and insignificant compared to some of the things that are going on in the world right now, even in churches all across America,†Hagee elaborated. “But, that’s precisely the problem. If the shepherds of a faith start doing wrong, what is the flock supposed to do? Follow in their footsteps? I don’t think so. The flock needs to get its bearings and start thinking for itself.â€

The pastor reprimanded: “But, nowadays you have people committing sin everywhere you look, including Houses of God, which are the holiest of places.â€

Asked how the situation could be bettered, Hagee replied: “Well, we’d have to start with ourselves, as with everything in life. If you’re asking about my personal opinion, there is no greater sin in terms of wrongly using God’s name than women who use it during sex. That is one of the filthiest, most derogatory and sinful uses of the Lord’s name I can think of. If it were up to me, I would put every single woman or girl who does that in jail. That would be a fine example of God’s wrath aimed at what is, in my opinion, a terrible misuse of our Maker’s good name.â€

http://www.newslo.com/gods-name-during-intercourse/

:lol:

I didn't read all that. No...nomono.

I guess some of these idiots would preer people to call "Satan! Oh Satan!" During sex.

Sooo is it sinful for Pastor Hagee to have watched a variety of films [emoji12] depicting this behavior? I imagine he must have had some sort of inspiration to cause him to spout off... [emoji57]

...but men get a pass if the use the Lord's name during sex?

There is a race to the bottom to say the craziest shit in conservative America.

Satire Site --click the button at the top of the article to see what parts of the story are "true" and what are added by staff.

Hagee is an evil ass, but still, satire site.

Satire Site --click the button at the top of the article to see what parts of the story are "true" and what are added by staff.

Here, I was just thinking it was some guy, who never had good sex. But satire makes sense too. Though, I suspect the real guy never actually has heard these words, because he still is lacking good sex.

Here, I was just thinking it was some guy, who never had good sex. But satire makes sense too. Though, I suspect the real guy never actually has heard these words, because he still is lacking good sex.

He's had enough sex...at least, his current wife was the church secretary he had an affair with at one of his previous pastorates (he was married to someone else at the time).

No idea how good it was but he is a Grade A Hypocrite.

What does it say about these types of preachers that we were quite comfortable accepting this at face value?

What does it say about these types of preachers that we were quite comfortable accepting this at face value?

Excellent point, Fascinated! It made "perfect sense" to me.

Wonder how the writer zeroed in on Hagee.

Years ago in a Bible study at a very conservative church, the pastor taught us that using clean exclamations was just as sinful as using the real thing. Gosh, golly, jeepers etc. are euphemisms for God or Jesus therefore break the commandment to not use the Lord's name in vain. Same with darn or dang - a substitute for damn that is a shortened version of Goddamn.

No shouting "Golly!" during sex, ladies. :naughty:

Years ago in a Bible study at a very conservative church, the pastor taught us that using clean exclamations was just as sinful as using the real thing. Gosh, golly, jeepers etc. are euphemisms for God or Jesus therefore break the commandment to not use the Lord's name in vain. Same with darn or dang - a substitute for damn that is a shortened version of Goddamn.

No exclamations that begin with a 'G' or 'J'? It's a bit presumptuous to assume that anythin that beins with those letters is derived from the word God and is a sin. It's amazin that evanelicals still allow the letter _ to be used in the alphabet if it's not part of the word God. Why haven't they banned its use, and while we're at it, let's ban 'O,' and 'D,' as well. That belns t God, t.

Maybe this explains the Jkids' names. Even Jinger becomes godly in this light.

I had a friend who was in a church that taught the same thing! All you could do was grunt your displeasure!

No exclamations that begin with a 'G' or 'J'? It's a bit presumptuous to assume that anythin that beins with those letters is derived from the word God and is a sin. It's amazin that evanelicals still allow the letter _ to be used in the alphabet if it's not part of the word God. Why haven't they banned its use, and while we're at it, let's ban 'O,' and 'D,' as well. That belns t God, t.

There are some people who don't even write out the word God, they just write "G-d". Having looked it up, I think it might be mainly amongst Jewish people. This from wikipedia: Most religious Jews forbid discarding holy objects, including any document with a name of God written on it. Once written, the name must be preserved indefinitely. This leads to several noteworthy practices:

Commonplace materials are written with an intentionally abbreviated form of the name. For instance, a Jewish letter-writer may substitute "G-d" for "God". (Note that not all Jews agree that non-Hebrew words like God are covered under the prohibition.)

And just how would they go about enforcing such a law? Putting listening devices in homes? The sex lives of consenting adults is nobody's business. End of discussion.

I can almost guarantee that if I shouted out "GOLLY GEE!" during sex it would pretty much be over from that point. So much for the second coming... :P

Does he want them to scream, "Bang me Buddha" instead? :roll:

There are some people who don't even write out the word God, they just write "G-d". Having looked it up, I think it might be mainly amongst Jewish people. This from wikipedia: Most religious Jews forbid discarding holy objects, including any document with a name of God written on it. Once written, the name must be preserved indefinitely. This leads to several noteworthy practices:

Commonplace materials are written with an intentionally abbreviated form of the name. For instance, a Jewish letter-writer may substitute "G-d" for "God". (Note that not all Jews agree that non-Hebrew words like God are covered under the prohibition.)

It's not just Jewish people that write "G-d" as I've come across Mormon mommy blogs where the author has done that when talking about God. I'm sure there are fundie Christians who do the same thing as well.

OMGosh, I'm going to shout "golly!" during sex. It'll probably kill the mood, but it will be worth it to see my boyfriend's face. Anyways, I owe him - once he was like, "will you say something for me?" and I was like "ooooooh, this'll be good - you know I'm game to try whatever!" and so he said "tell me 'you're the real thriller, not Michael Jackson.'" I almost choked, I laughed so hard. But he definitely didn't get any that night.

Archived