IGNORED

Franklin Graham doesn't like Wells Fargo

JMarie

Saw this on Rachel Maddow last night. Priceless!

msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/franklin-grahams-anti-gay-gambit-goes-horribly-awry?CID=sm_fb_maddow

Where Graham sees “moral decay,†some of us see perhaps the sweetest banking commercial of all time.

It absolutely was. I almost cried.

The Grahams are horrible human beings.

FWIW, I cry every time I see that commercial. Not because it's a lesbian couple adopting, but because the couple doesn't see the child's deafness as an obstacle. Seriously, how long did the women study ASL to even be considered as parents for a deaf child? That's perseverance!

:music-tool: An ad with a lesbian couple is not a reason to dislike Wells Fargo, I am sure some of their business practices will do that for you.

I'm local to these a-holes and this story has been going around for a weekish now. Rumor has it switching banks gives them a significant decrease in fees paid and they are just claiming the gay agenda. Eye roll.

He moved his money to BBT. They are platinum sponsors of the Miami Beach Pride Festival.

FG made a response offering further "explanation":

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2 ... /71031300/

Apparently, by making the sweetest commercial ever, WF went beyond gay-friendly to being a "public advocate" for the Gay Agenda™. BB&T hosting the Legacy Couples event for LGBT couples in long-term relationships is totes not the same, so they're cool. It really sounds like some more love the sinner, hate the sin bullshit. And I wish BB&T would come back with an ad campaign saying, no, we really do support LGBT families. Seriously.

Looking beyond teh stupid involved in making this decision, think about what Graham means here. Older children with disabilities are rarely adopted compared with healthy infants. FG would rather this little girl go without a family than have her exposed to the "moral decay" of 2 mommies who love her. Those are the values of the Religious Right, folks.

He is so disgusting. I will spare you the details but just in the last 24 hours in my community two heinous crimes were committed. One against a baby and one against a dog. Franklin Graham and people like him have misplaced their ire. There are so many societal problems that need to be addressed and, sorry Franklin, gay people do not make it into the list of real problems. From where I sit, we need to be addressing the issue of child abuse and neglect along with so many others, including hunger. But then these problems are challenging while attacking gay people is easy and cowardly. The people who support this awful person should be ashamed. This nation should be ashamed. Nobody in Washington ever seems to talk about child abuse in a meaningful way. They, too, are cowards who are concerned only with winning their next election.

Sorry to be such a downer. Still hurting from the death of Christopher Lee. Met him once. A more charming person you will never meet. RIP.

I think he would have been smarter just to make the move without telling anyone (because, really, who needs to know where he banks) if it was for fees and even if it was because of the ad because frankly, letting people know they have 295 million in the bank makes even the Dad seem a bit less holy and Godly.

Matthew 6

19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;…

But to them it is just the family business anyway.

I think he would have been smarter just to make the move without telling anyone (because, really, who needs to know where he banks) if it was for fees and even if it was because of the ad because frankly, letting people know they have 295 million in the bank makes even the Dad seem a bit less holy and Godly.

Matthew 6

19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;…

But to them it is just the family business anyway.

I just think of how much that money could be used for actually for a worthy cause (you know cloth the naked, feed the hungry, etc...). Hypocritical tool.

:music-tool: An ad with a lesbian couple is not a reason to dislike Wells Fargo, I am sure some of their business practices will do that for you.

Not to mention how they treat their employees. I had friend who is legally blind and was part of a protracted ADA lawsuit with Wells Fargo.

I guess he's not going to be liking Chobani yogurt not:

addictinginfo.org/2015/06/15/chobani-is-sure-to-make-rwnj-heads-explode-with-sexy-lesbian-commercial-video/

(commercial is about 1/3 of the way down)

Though I can't say I understand this one. Chobani is so good I'll want to eat it while naked and in bed? No yogurt's that good!

Okay, I'll admit it. The Wells Fargo commercial made me good-cry. It means so much to see couples like mrs. lawlife and I positively represented.

Okay, I'll admit it. The Wells Fargo commercial made me good-cry. It means so much to see couples like mrs. lawlife and I positively represented.

The commercial make me cry the first time also!!

Same here, it was a good cry for me. Last I heard, Wells Fargo is going to continue to run those commercials.

Same here, it was a good cry for me. Last I heard, Wells Fargo is going to continue to run those commercials.

Glad they r going to continue running the commericals.

Franklin might also want to avoid spending money Macy's, too. I was looking a Macy's (first for a woman's nightgown and then at a Farberware percolator) and noticed that they had a noticeable button about their Pride and Joy celebration. The page had a list of Pride Parades around the US, a link to some in-store events, a page for wedding rings, and gift cards with two grooms or two brides.

I work for the bank in question. I first saw the commercial when I was watching golf with my brother. He noticed, "Ooh, two women adopting a kid!" I noticed, "Oooh, subtitles and sign language!" We mentioned what we saw after the commercial was over. But we didn't think there was going to be a "thing" about it.

Basically all that happened internally was a set of talking points went up on the employee website about how the commercial was about our inclusivity. Most of the people I work with thought it was a nice commercial too and thought the bank handled the situation perfectly. For once, I felt ok about working for an evil too big to fail bank.

It's funny, last I checked I noticed that commercial had racked up over a million views, but a video for a product pointed at people with home loans rolled out earlier this spring had gotten a measly five views.

Archived