IGNORED

Abigail's New Blog

GeoBQn

Abigail has a new, trendy-looking blog.

abigailbenjamin.net

She's still using her full name, and the real names of all her family members.

Odd that baby John is listed as a junior, but her husband's name is spelled Jon. Usually Jon stands for Jonathan.

Also, I find it telling how she ordered her kids names: baby first, followed by girls from oldest to youngest*, followed by her eldest son.

The new blog, much like Abigail, strikes my as pretentious and without real substance.

*I take that back, it's oldest girl, third girl, second girl, fourth girl. Even odder.

Abigail doesn't look how I pictured her. Also, she descrribes herself as an artist. I didn't know that about her. I am driven nuts by her kids being listed out of order. OCD! :shock:

She's not an artist. She fancies herself one, but she's not. She likes to claim she does all this different stuff, but it's no more than a mild interest. Like, she calls herself a historian because she likes and reads about history. It's not real.

So what type of art does she create? I didn't see anything on her blog.

She probably colored a picture once.

She's a CELLIST. Because when you can't afford to feed your children and heat your house, cello lessons for yourself should really be the utmost priority amirite?

Jon is sometimes just an alternative spelling of John and used as a stand-alone name. I have a cousin called Jon, not Jonathan or John.

Does anyone ever comment on her blog? I can't remember as Alcove bored me to tears and I'd rather read the threads.

She doesn't allow comments. Occasionally, she might open it up, but she quickly closes it down.

I just had flashbacks to when she sold her big fridge and got a dorm size fridge instead for her family. Something about poverty when she already had the large fridge. :lol: But it's not funny. This nut job is in charge of kids. Lots of them. :doh:

I dunno, but for some reason it tickles me that this talented artist doesn't know the difference between violet and periwinkle, lol.

In a quick look around I didn't see any mention of being a lay (not the right word) Carmelite. Wasn't she always spouting off about this before?

Also, she's in West Virginia. Would love for her and Jill to cross paths.

Her daughter wears jeans? That seems odd?

Her daughter wears jeans? That seems odd?

She's not a protestant fundie, she's a conservative Catholic... they tend to have looser modesty standards, don't have a problem with dancing or alcohol, etc. But they're (generally) still nuts.

I think Abigail had the comment section on her old blog open up until readers slammed her after she blogged about how her parents put her in daycare. She compared the daycare to an orphanage IIRC.

As for the new blog, I think Abigail is trying to become more popular in the Catholic blogging world. The set up/layout of the new blog reminds me a bit of Brianna Heldt's blog. Brianna is another Catholic convert blogger. She lives in Denver and has seven kids. Four of the kids are adopted. Brianna at times has the super Catholic vibe that Abigail has, but she doesn't the stupid shit Abigail does. Brianna and her husband manage money well.

I think Abigail had the comment section on her old blog open up until readers slammed her after she blogged about how her parents put her in daycare. She compared the daycare to an orphanage IIRC.

Yeah, Abigail doesn't exactly take criticism very well. So she had the divine inspiration to close the comments down. It wasn't her decision though, "Jesus runs this ship" was her explanation iirc.

In a quick look around I didn't see any mention of being a lay (not the right word) Carmelite. Wasn't she always spouting off about this before?

She wouldn't shut up about it. It didn't seem that being a lay Carmelite required all that much, to be honest. Just a lot of praying while her kids should have been homeschooled/the house cleaned. But Abigail has always come off as someone who starts large projects and quits once the novelty wears off (remember her foray into public relations or something? Haven't heard about that in awhile). I'm actually surprised she has stuck with being Catholic for this long.

She had a post on her old blog recently that said she had one more year until she takes her final vows as a Lay Carmelite. She has actually taken longer than normal because she can't keep to the prayer schedule Carmelites are required to keep. She claimed being pregnant and homeschooling kept getting in the way, but I think she just doesn't actually like the type of praying Carmelites are supposed to do.

The bizarre thing is, being a Carmelite is not required, so if the lifestyle didn't suit her, she could just say so. She likes calling herself a Carmelite, but she doesn't like being one.

She wrote about it before the new blog went live. She's having her final ceremony in May 2016.

abigails-alcove.blogspot.com/2015/05/im-becoming-real-carmelite.html

Yeah, Abigail doesn't exactly take criticism very well. So she had the divine inspiration to close the comments down. It wasn't her decision though, "Jesus runs this ship" was her explanation iirc.

She wouldn't shut up about it. It didn't seem that being a lay Carmelite required all that much, to be honest. Just a lot of praying while her kids should have been homeschooled/the house cleaned. But Abigail has always come off as someone who starts large projects and quits once the novelty wears off (remember her foray into public relations or something? Haven't heard about that in awhile). I'm actually surprised she has stuck with being Catholic for this long.

Yeah, she said she had started an advertising agency. She only blogged about a couple of times. I remember in one post, she said that she was doing work for a coffee shop and that she had hired a photographer to work for her.

Abigail also said she was writing a book. Maybe there is a chance she did finish it and it is shopping it around. This new blog might be a part of her attempt to get a book deal.

She is so into herself. How does her husband stand it? I wouldn't be able to get away from her narcissism fast enough. :auto-dirtbike:

She is so into herself. How does her husband stand it? I wouldn't be able to get away from her narcissism fast enough. :auto-dirtbike:

He's an enabler, at best. Her parents (or father, at least) used to give her money/credit cards to buy food and supplies for the kids, and hubby told them to stop because it hurts his fee-fees when they act like he can't support his family. Even though he can't.

Don't forget, Abigail thinks she's co-dependent. That she compulsively sacrifices her own need to the betterment of others. She hasn't got a clue.

Abigail's days of constant pregnancy are probably drawing to a close, she has to come up with SOMETHING to fill the time.

You know. Besides homeschooling all the existing kids, managing the household, cooking, cleaning, keeping track of the kids' emotional and spiritual health......

It's a pretty blog. I'll be interested to see if she ever uses it, or if it's just another project that was started and abandoned when it starts to take actual work, or requires her to pay attention to something she'd rather ignore.

Abigail strikes me as someone whose never satisfied. No matter how many babies Mommy Mary gives her, the minute she isn't pregnant, she's experiencing infertility again and no one can understand how painful that is for her. It will never be enough.

I guess I don't understand the pregnancy obsession that some fundies have because no one can spend their entire life pregnant. It's a months-long experience and then it ends and you have a child to raise. Pregnancy isn't meant to be a career.

Isn't she the one who compared being sent to daycare with being orphaned or abandoned?

Archived