IGNORED

I wonder how many Christians walked past the kid in this vid

Burris

Several persons got together and designed a social experiment:

For the next two hours, people avoided this kid. A few stopped; they turned around and looked - wondered if they should do something. (The answer is 'yes' they should have done something.)

I'm posting this here in part as an indictment of the Christians who passed him, in part as a 'how to' as demonstrated by the man who eventually did stop, and in part because I suspect a substantial portion of the people who passed this video along are creatures such as myself - long removed from the human family - and that a lot of people who saw this video found it on boards devoted to comedy.

What is wrong with people??? :censor2: I can't even form the words to express my anger, hurt, and disappointment in all those who did a double take, yet still walked on by.

I was raised by my dad to NEVER leave a kid on the streets. If you have no money to offer, then at least stop and ask if the kid would like you to call someone who can help, like a relative or social services. When I was about 18 or 19, we were in San Francisco, and saw a girl who couldn't have been more than 16, and she was scared when we talked to her, but said okay to calling for help. While waiting for help, she kept a short distance from us and started crying about how her dad was raping her, and she had to get away. Kids who are on the street, especially alone, need the most help, and only the most heartless of people wouldn't even stop to ask if there's someone the kid would like called.

That video angers me. Not only did people double-take, but some of them walked further to their right, like the kid was toxic.

Archived