IGNORED

I HATE but my church save me

delilahdog11

I was sitting here at the computer, coming back from a two week stay at my sanctuary of choice, and i am confronted by more news of the utter depravity and abuse that is exercised by those claiming to be blameless in the eyes of God and I hate. I hate and I seethe in my hate and I wonder how could anyone do this/think this/blame this on another human being and I think all is lost. Snarking won't help. Posting rants on Facebook won't help. Protesting won't help. And then I remembered the woods that I had just walked out of and I realized what does help. Changing myself- being the change I want to see in the world and supporting those that want to bring change and equality to this world. I will continue to hate but use it to fight against a problem and not to be consumed by it.

And then this article came out about my church and I am damn proud to have been a member for ten plus years.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/in-s ... nsylvania/

**didn't break link because it is the washington post.

I know that feeling all too well, I have been there. It took me a while to realize what that anger was doing to me, and I simply have no desire to allow it in my life. It is an incredibly heavy weight and I do not want hate to be a source of any of my thoughts, actions, or words. I am a very loving and compassionate person, and that is how I focus my energy to create change through my job as a case manager and in my advocacy.

Your sanctuary looks like a beautiful place and filled with a lot of fun people! I find things like this interesting, so I'm off to google!

Thank you for your reply. I now realize that I should have said hate what is your antidote. One of mine is running away to hide in the woods with other people who share and don't share my view points. Who are fairly active their communities at home, have something to teach me, invite me to a meal, & often run around with my kids. I call it the not normal world-wishing that it were the normal world- but breaks from the average world is my antidote against being consumed by hate & despair.

So what makes you intersted about things like this? Happy google. Let me know if you don't find all the juicy backstory.

I am interested in all things that I don't quite comprehend, essentially spirituality and how it is practiced as I tend to lack that myself. I didn't find any juicy details on a backstory, but I did cease my search once something else grabbed my attention (I also lack focus, lol). From what I saw, it seems like a beautiful place that people go to for refreshment (for lack of a better word at this time).

Archived