IGNORED

Scientists Used To Burn People At The Stake

doggie

so it was not Christians thinking the world was flat or the sun revolved around the earth or burned people at the stake. it was scientists.

This is the idiot wanting to get creationism in schools. a stupid ignorant christian that does not even know the bible but for the parts he wants to force on children.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/05/08 ... ake-video/

Republican State Senator Elbert Guillory was speaking to education activist Zack Kopplin about whether or not Louisiana should repeal the bill, when he laid out a baffling anecdote of revisionist history (emphasis Mehta’s).

There was a time, sir, when scientists thought that the world was flat. And if you get to the end of it, you’d fall off.

There was another time when scientists thought that the sun revolved around the world.

And they always thought to ensure that anyone who disagreed with their science was a heretic! People were burned for not believing that the world was flat. People were really badly treated.

My point, sir, is that not everyone knows everything.

This sounds like a parody. I find it really hard to wrap my mind around the idea that someone actually said this - even a politician.

I fear for the world.

He is kind of right. Science during Middle Ages and early Renaissance was inherently connected to religion. So much so that Witch Trials were considered scientific during their time. But I doubt that's what he meant. It also disrecads whole religion influencing all of those principles. Heliocentrism and roundness of Earth was discovered during Ancient Greece, before it there was some ideas about other models. What I'm trying to say is that if I tilt my head just right and squint my eyes he was right but I doubt this is what he ment.

Galileo was accused of heresy.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise... surprise and fear... fear and surprise... our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency... Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope...

:mrgreen:

Archived