IGNORED

Cheaper by the Baker's Dozen/It's a Whimsical Life

16strong

The Kemerly Family- I don't think we've discussed these guys before. They are kind of interesting, and I can't get their angle, really. They seem to be involved in ATI (They even attended Davey Waller's wedding and at least have met the Duggars). They also do the homeskool thing and have at least one self-proclaimed SAHD. They have 10 girls and 3 boys. They are friends with the 7 Sisters, whom they hang out with on occasion. But...they also dress in anything ranging from shorts and tanks to wholesome wear and frumpers. And watch Disney movies. And the daughters do outside activities and sports such as swimming. It's all very confusing, and I have never seen anything quite like it. :think:

The mom's blog is here, although she doesn't really use it much anymore, and never blogged a ton to begin with:

notone2mny.blogspot.com/

Her 13-yo daughter Alaina also blogs, very frequently, here:

thewhimsicallifeofalaina.blogspot.com/

A note: It's actually a really nice blog for a 13 yo. It's very straightforward and "grown."

Another daughter's blog (Kate-Lynn) has been dead for quite some time, but features pics of the Waller wedding:

whatsoever-is-true.blogspot.com/2012/03/of-florida-and-travels.html

• 1 month later...

I just came across this family and was wondering if they were being discussed on here. Bummer there doesn't seem to be much interest in them.

I, too, can't really figure them out. They seem to prefer shorts and shirts or even tank tops over WholesomeWear crap for swimming. Apart from that, the girls do seem to only wear skirts. I saw this picture on one of the Seven Sisters' websites (the photographer one):

15333249525_936149d578_z.jpg

The second-oldest (?) daughter is wearing a VERY defrauding dress, which makes me wonder if maybe she's left the cult. If so, good on them for still including her! Does anybody know anything else about them? I'm intrigued!

ETA: Two more daughters have blogs:

Anna livingmylife4jesus.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth everylifeisbeautiful.blogspot.com/

I just came across this family and was wondering if they were being discussed on here. Bummer there doesn't seem to be much interest in them.

I, too, can't really figure them out. They seem to prefer shorts and shirts or even tank tops over WholesomeWear crap for swimming. Apart from that, the girls do seem to only wear skirts. I saw this picture on one of the Seven Sisters' websites (the photographer one):

15333249525_936149d578_z.jpg

The second-oldest (?) daughter is wearing a VERY defrauding dress, which makes me wonder if maybe she's left the cult. If so, good on them for still including her! Does anybody know anything else about them? I'm intrigued!

ETA: Two more daughters have blogs:

Anna livingmylife4jesus.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth everylifeisbeautiful.blogspot.com/

Any idea where they live? if they are near the 7 sisters, I have family up there (northern indiana) that may know some tidbits to add some meat to this thread.

ETA: They live in New Haven, IN, so pretty close to the 7 sisters. A bit too far for my relatives to know them, unless they attend the MEGA church just north of them that I have seen a few of the 7S's attend with friends before.

Also ETA: in only one post is their church truly mentioned, and it sounds like they meet (or met, it was 2010) in a nursing home (AKA homechurch type setting). So its doubtful I have any connections to them.. :cry:

I've actually seen these folks. On the one blog (Alaina's, I believe) she talks about a trip to Spoon Lake...which is where we basically live all summer as my family owns a house there. Small world. We met a few of the girls at the dock where you buy gas. They seemed scared of us to be honest.

Archived