IGNORED

Managers of their homes - MERGE

homeschoolmomma1

I was wondering if this book is worth the price for snark?

It has always interested me how Michelle made all those post-it note schedules.

It is not really a cheap book...

Check eBay or Amazon to see if you can find a used copy, then you won't be giving them money and you can Buy used, save the difference!

I have it. I've used it. I've loved it. But...

For snark? No, I would not pay to have such an expensive book just for that. (I got mine free, btw. I wasn't paying either.) ;)

If I recall correctly (I still have my copy), there's a section in there on scheduling dem babies.

I just checked Amazon. You can buy it used (and save the difference) for $15.

and piss off the Maxwells. Actually, it might be worth trying to get it via an interlibrary loan. Despite Steve's (laughable) attempt at lawyerspeak, it is reportedly available through the public library system.

I downloaded a sample on my kindle of one of Teri's books (can't remember which one off the top of my head) and I couldn't get through it. Dreadfully written. While it's their hook, the amount of 'praise Gods' and bible quotes breaking up the text completely destroys the flow of the book. I dread to think what the Moody books are like.

I checked WorldCat (librarian here) a few libraries own it. Naturally they sent on to the Library of Congress..... Your local public library can request it, but they may charge a fee for that.

I've remembered, it was Homeschooling with a meek spirit. It actually had some reasonable advice in it but the constant God/bible references broke up the text to the point it was almost impenetrable in spite of her simplistic style.

I have it. Honestly it didn't do much for me because my children are still very young and our schedule didn't really need the amount of charting and precision she stresses. Maybe for older kids it works better. As far as snark goes- Keeping Your Children's Hearts is much better. I also have Sweet Journey and never finished it because of the format. After each little lesson, Teri would ask a few questions relating to it, and then ANSWER them shortly after. Which made me wonder why even ask the questions for you to answer if she was going to anyway. Because I guess you can't answer it yourself- you need the Maxwell answer. It just made the note taking seem silly if she was going to give you the "correct" answer.

She even tells you at the beginning what kind of notebook to use when taking notes- a small plain spiral bound one. No patterns or cartoon characters ladies!

And I admit, I actually kind of LIKE homeschooling with a meek and quiet spirit. That was my first book of theirs and it does have some nice sentiments about raising young kids and being patient etc. But like pretty much all their books, it gets repetitive too.

I have it from back when I still was dazzled by the promise of a godly lifestyle. But it's a depressing read, honestly. It's like a manual on how to chop off all the Bad Things in your life. Which, of course, does absolutely nothing to fill your life with Good Things. So it reads kind of zombie-esque.

I just ordered it at the library. I can't wait for it to get here!!

My library didn't actually have it, but I was able to order it through inter library loan. Apparently only 8 libraries in the world have it.

But, it's coming! So excited.

Isn't it funny to be so excited about something you KNOW will be boring? I guess I am excited to be bored, lol.

I'm going to take photos of the pages when it gets here, so I can see them again later if I want to and so that you can see them too.

I hope the Maxwells don't sue me since apparently they have a rule that you're not allowed to reproduce the book in any way. I'll risk it.

I thought Steve forbade it in libraries. Wonder how a conspiracy of 8 evil librarians managed to outwit Steve?

I have never heard of an author that objected to having his/her books in the library. Of course, I don't think of Steve Maxwell as an author. I think of him as a lunatic.

I thought Steve forbade it in libraries. Wonder how a conspiracy of 8 evil librarians managed to outwit Steve?

Unlike his family, Steve can't control librarians!

Probably burns his butt so much.....

LOLOLOL

seriously? Did he give a reason why?

LOLOLOL

seriously? Did he give a reason why?

Pretty sure his issue with libraries is that it means people are reading his book effectively for free as they aren't paying him. As an avid library-user, I reject that assertion wholeheartedly. For one thing, I do pay for the books the library buys, in an indirect way, through my council taxes. For another, by taking books out of the library I am encouraging the library to purchase more copies of the book and others by that author because libraries buy the books they think people will read, and they buy more copies of books with large waitlists. Moreover, the majority of books I actually buy are by authors I first discovered at the library, because I couldn't possibly afford to buy every book that catches my eye, but thanks to the library I discover and fall in love with these books, and then go and pre-order the author's newest books. I have three or four pre-orders already for books not due out till 2015, and they're all books I'd never have read were it not for the library!

tl;dr: Stevehovah is a greedy git who doesn't actually understand how libraries work.

I hope the Maxwells don't sue me since apparently they have a rule that you're not allowed to reproduce the book in any way. I'll risk it.

The U.S. Copyright law.

I'm an author myself, although my books are in a few more than 8 libraries. People checking my books out of the library makes me happy :D

People posting my work online makes me contact my publisher's legal department. :naughty:

I just ordered it at the library. I can't wait for it to get here!!

My library didn't actually have it, but I was able to order it through inter library loan. Apparently only 8 libraries in the world have it.

But, it's coming! So excited.

Isn't it funny to be so excited about something you KNOW will be boring? I guess I am excited to be bored, lol.

I'm going to take photos of the pages when it gets here, so I can see them again later if I want to and so that you can see them too.

Taking photos of the pages is probably not a good idea...you could always paraphrase here with some of the funnier parts :)

The U.S. Copyright law.

I'm an author myself, although my books are in a few more than 8 libraries. People checking my books out of the library makes me happy :D

People posting my work online makes me contact my publisher's legal department. :naughty:

I tried to find Communication Concepts, Inc who is listed as the publisher on Amazon. When I Googled them it came up with things that we related to computers, pr, making commercials. I tried Communication Concepts publisher and book and still no hits.

I wonder if they self publish.

I agree with posting pictures of the book. It sucks when someone steals your stuff.

Archived