IGNORED

Churches warned: 'Tidal wave of gay theology' looming!!!

FloraDoraDolly

Haven't conservatives heard the old "if you can't beat it, join it" expression? Seriously guys, just raise some rainbow flags already, grab a margarita, and partay!!!! :dance:

I swear sometimes I read these articles and pray it was published by the Onion. But no, sadly I am wrong. " Herbert Marcuse, expressed a desire to see the “disintegration of the … monogamic and patriarchal family.†I say disintegrating patriarchal family such as prescribed by VF, gothard, cabinetman, etc is a good thing. Disintegrate away! But they (gays) want to disintegrate monogamous relationships? WTH? All the gay people I know are either in a monogamous relationship or they are single and looking for their life (monogamous) partner/spouse.

Ruh-roh! Wait 'til they find out that not only are there gay singers in their churches but....

there are gay ministers, too! *gasp*

(cough, myself, cough)

To the home churches indeed!

... just raise some rainbow flags already, ... :dance:
-

totally off subject but this reminded me of something my 10 yo daughter said while we were driving past a gladiola field full of perfect rows all in bloom each row in a different color. My daughter says: "look mom and dad- it's like a rainbow but straight." We died laughing, she totally meant it was a flower rainbow but not in an arc- but of course one look at each other and my husband and I went in a different direction!

Frankly, the last church I went to could use some more gay! Very dark and horribly decorated! :dance:

I swear sometimes I read these articles and pray it was published by the Onion. But no, sadly I am wrong. " Herbert Marcuse, expressed a desire to see the “disintegration of the … monogamic and patriarchal family.†I say disintegrating patriarchal family such as prescribed by VF, gothard, cabinetman, etc is a good thing. Disintegrate away! But they (gays) want to disintegrate monogamous relationships? WTH? All the gay people I know are either in a monogamous relationship or they are single and looking for their life (monogamous) partner/spouse.

Hell, my future SIL and her partner have been together for years. They also go to my church (which welcomes LGBT), and helping me plan my wedding. These nutjobs can go fuck themselves!

I understand from someone I know that in one prison in our state it is only the openly gay men who go to religious services.............I have no idea if that's true, but its an interesting idea.

Ruh-roh! Wait 'til they find out that not only are there gay singers in their churches but....

there are gay ministers, too! *gasp*

(cough, myself, cough)

To the home churches indeed!

There are even gay bishops in the Episcopalian church! We had a gay priest in the first church we attended after we got married. He was an amazing, charasmatic guy who led our church to become one of the largest in the area and filled with people from all races, ethnicities and sexual orientations. It was vibrant, it was accepting, it was fun, it was an amazing place for our kids it's the only thing I missed when we moved and I think Jesus as portrayed in the bible would have approved. I think this guy might actually have been able to persuade me to stick with christianity if I'd stayed. So fundies- you guys drove me away. A gay priest kept me in the flock a little longer...

There are even gay bishops in the Episcopalian church! We had a gay priest in the first church we attended after we got married. He was an amazing, charasmatic guy who led our church to become one of the largest in the area and filled with people from all races, ethnicities and sexual orientations. It was vibrant, it was accepting, it was fun, it was an amazing place for our kids it's the only thing I missed when we moved and I think Jesus as portrayed in the bible would have approved. I think this guy might actually have been able to persuade me to stick with christianity if I'd stayed. So fundies- you guys drove me away. A gay priest kept me in the flock a little longer...

Our music director is gay and in a committed same-sex relationship. <3 my denomination!

Hide your quiver!!!! Teh gay is taking over your church!!!!

http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/churches-war ... ofIeYhI.99

I have so much respect for Vicky Beeching for taking on Scott Lively just days after coming out.

Awesome! I can't wait for more gay churches. My church has a gay priest, gay music director, a rainbow flag on the welcome sign, a gay parishioners' social group and has a large contingent in the Pride Parade every year. The first service I attended there was the week before Pride in 2001. The sermon made the connection between the NT Jesus foot washing story to why Jesus would be down with the gays. The gays have totally taken over and to that I say Hallelujah!

Awesome! I can't wait for more gay churches. My church has a gay priest, gay music director, a rainbow flag on the welcome sign, a gay parishioners' social group and has a large contingent in the Pride Parade every year. The first service I attended there was the week before Pride in 2001. The sermon made the connection between the NT Jesus foot washing story to why Jesus would be down with the gays. The gays have totally taken over and to that I say Hallelujah!

Sounds like an awesome church! My church is also very LGBT-friendly. So many of our members (straight as well as gay) volunteered on Pride Day that we could barely fit into our booth. And that was just the afternoon shift!

The weird thing is, if these homophobes would actually attend one of our services, they would find themselves in... church. Of course, they'd freak out to see a (straight) female priest even before they tried to figure out who among the pew population is not heterosexual. But our readings actually come from THE BIBLE!!!! We sings HYMNS!!!! What's more, we sing out of an old-fashioned HYMN BOOK!!!! At the end, we have COMMUNION!!!! (Be forewarned, it ain't grape juice.) I mean, what do these people think happens in a gay church, or a gay-friendly church? Do they think we read out of a special rainbow-covered Book Of Queer Common Prayer? Do they think we only sing songs by the Village People and Melissa Etheridge? Do they think the gay couples make out with each other in the choir loft?

They probably think they are doing drugs, having orgies, and molesting children and turning them gay. I kid you not. People actually think and say this shit.

Gay theology is when you put "YES, TOTES HOMO!" after every eyebrow-raisingly possibly homoerotic situation in the Bible, right?

Archived