IGNORED

Happy birthday, Elizabeth Botkin

halcionne

I bet it feels greeeaaat. Or at least better than certain alternatives. Lordy, if I could only be a stay-at-home-daughter. Feeling super lazy right now and like I just want to watch HBO on Amazon Prime for a few weeks. But no, I gotta be a wage slave and support myself.

Oh, well, at least it's better than cleaning and cooking for a large family. seriously, I'll never figure out why working at a job you love is being a "wage slave," but doing your father's laundry until old age is… freedom.

As Geoff gets older I bet he'll actually need caretakers, so it's smart to keep a few female daughters around for the purpose. As opposed to male daughters, LOL. wow, I'm tired.

Hey halcionne, "Halcyon" is a Botkin family name! Are they your gateway Dominionistic reformed patriarchal fam?? Mine are the Servens, but "Cheryl" was too pedestrian for a handle, for me. ;-)

I wonder if Miss Botkin is dreading the countdown to her 30th birthday. Even in the secular world, those that want to marry would start looking for husbands at that point. In the fundie world, I guess 25 is the old maid mark. Poor Botkin girls, trained from birth to be wife and mother, and yet they are kept waiting and waiting....

I was waiting for the "I'm going to Disneyland!!!!" comment. Do better, FJ. :lol:

Hey halcionne, "Halcyon" is a Botkin family name! Are they your gateway Dominionistic reformed patriarchal fam?? Mine are the Servens, but "Cheryl" was too pedestrian for a handle, for me. ;-)

I saw that in my Botkin family stalking research, haha! My user name disappointingly refers to an old sleeping pill. Because I'm dangerously addictive and increasingly obsolete. :wink-kitty:

I wonder if Miss Botkin is dreading the countdown to her 30th birthday. Even in the secular world, those that want to marry would start looking for husbands at that point. In the fundie world, I guess 25 is the old maid mark. Poor Botkin girls, trained from birth to be wife and mother, and yet they are kept waiting and waiting....

I think that is the irony of all these high profile fundie families: they train their daughters so well and have so high expectations of possible suitors that the women end up alone since no man in their right mind would ever put himself through the wringer of such a "courtship".

Not letting young women work is just part of the problem. Each generation is being dumbed down because of poor education. The young men are taught to own their own business so they don't have to be accountable to anyone, especially women). In quiverfull families, there is only so much fathers can do financially to help financially because he has to provide for the rest of the family. Most quiverfull fathers with marriageable daughters aren't going to marry them off to men who may not be able to provide for them. The end result of all of this is the crumbling of he fundamentalist patriarchal, qiverfull movement. Of course, fundies will always exist.

I think that is the irony of all these high profile fundie families: they train their daughters so well and have so high expectations of possible suitors that the women end up alone since no man in their right mind would ever put himself through the wringer of such a "courtship".

I think that with the Botkinettes, they also have their own dad as a major obstacle whose obviously going to want the very best for his daughters, therefore creating a lot of hoops to jump through plus there's that creepy daddy worship. A lot of suitors are not going to want to compete with daddy.

How long is she going to make Nattie Darnell wait around for her? He's going to be the only one left.

Although, I like to think of her hopping on the back of a motorcycle with some hipster and yelling "see ya" to the

homestead.

I'm 27 and about to move back in with my parents due to lack of employment options. So no judgement on that other than the fact that she is a smug bitch about her status.

Elizabeth Botkin: "Just like the sand in an hourglass, so are the eggs in her ovaries."

Elizabeth Botkin: "Just like the sand in an hourglass, so are the eggs in her ovaries."

Love this!! Unfortually same as Sarah Maxwell.

Archived