IGNORED

Dougie's WWII Project, or: Holocaust? What's That?

GeoBQn

Found this entry on Dougie's blog about Vision Forum's D-Day series:

Join us tonight for the exciting conclusion to the seven-part series, D-Day and the Providence of God. Today we broadcast Episode 7: The Aftermath.

The boys of D Day have succeeded. Normandy is won and Paris is liberated. Ultimately, the Third Reich will fall. So what are the lessons of God’s providence in the battle against Hitler? God blessed the efforts of men who purchased a freedom for Americans that has last close to seventy years, but did we snatch defeat from the hands of victory. Have we truly built on the foundations laid in blood by the men of D Day. Watch the exciting and thought provoking conclusion to our series and visit http://www.afinalfarewell.org.

I feel like a broken record saying this, but has he mentioned the Holocaust even once in any of his "Final Farewell" materials? How does that factor into his lessons of "G-d's providence in the battle against Hitler?" He thinks "G-d blessed the efforts of men who purchased a freedom for Americans," but what about the 6 million Jews and 12 million people total who died of mass murder? Are they avoiding the Holocaust entirely because it doesn't fit with his image or theology? His WWII materials remind me of WWII propaganda cartoons that basically said Hitler was bad because he was against democracy and freedom, with no mention of the Holocaust because Americans either didn't know about it or were willingly looking the other way.

I read that last week when he was posting his ridiculous roman costumes. I'm assuming he's one of the "rebuild the temple" christians that think the jews need to rebuild before jesus can return its a stark hole in history.

The holocaust led to the formation of israel... bringing the jews back to jerusalem... a necessary step for his temple...

I read that last week when he was posting his ridiculous roman costumes. I'm assuming he's one of the "rebuild the temple" christians that think the jews need to rebuild before jesus can return its a stark hole in history.

The holocaust led to the formation of israel... bringing the jews back to jerusalem... a necessary step for his temple...

He's not a Zionist. He follows Covenant Theology and Post-Millennial Rapture Eschatology and believes that Jesus will return after he and his billion descendants that he's spawning to have the numbers to take over America and rule the world for 1000 years. (Per this view, the tribulation already happened in the First Century.) In fact, I'd go so far to say that he thinks that the "rebuild the temple" Christians are a menace in the Church.

He is Jewish, however, and he does carry an attitude that he's a little more special because his father was Jewish.

He seems to go to quite and effort to distance himself from his Jewish ancestry. If his father was not notable and known to have been born Jewish, I think Doug would deny it completely.

Brainsample, do you know how old he was when he became a Christian? I mean, was he raised Jewish for much of his life, or did his dad convert before he was born? I know that his mom and his little brother are both Catholic, though, which is pretty interesting.

He seems to go to quite and effort to distance himself from his Jewish ancestry. If his father was not notable and known to have been born Jewish, I think Doug would deny it completely.

He makes a big deal out of it when he can use it to get mileage with his congregation and capitalizes upon it. He made a big fuss about having dinner with "Rabbi" Schlissel when he met him in NYC, and then went with him to see "Fiddler on the Roof."

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2004/02/662/

There is also the suggestion that Doug's views are reflective of what the Old Testament Jews really did in real life, using that to make it seem like his weird interpretations of passages like Numbers 30 are more accurate.

WTF? Dougie was born Jewish and his mother and little brother are Catholics? Doesn't beeing Catholic mean you are not a Christian at all in fundie-world?

I think the WWII project is the worst Vision Forum has ever made. It excludes so many aspects of the whole time and is only about praising the power of men and giving Dougie the possibility to dress up in a silly way again. The fact that they leave out the Holocaust at all is a slap in the face of all the million who suffered and died.

I see. He keeps the "Jew card" in his pocket and only uses it if it benefits him. Nice. Convenient.

I will enjoy it when he gets caught doing nasty stuff. He is a hypocrite in so very many ways.

I see. He keeps the "Jew card" in his pocket and only uses it if it benefits him. Nice. Convenient.

I will enjoy it when he gets caught doing nasty stuff. He is a hypocrite in so very many ways.

You and me both!!!!!!!

Brainsample, do you know how old he was when he became a Christian? I mean, was he raised Jewish for much of his life, or did his dad convert before he was born? I know that his mom and his little brother are both Catholic, though, which is pretty interesting.

As far as I know, Doug was raised Christian. His father, the notorious Howard Phillips, was the convert, in adulthood. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Phi ... olitics%29

God blessed the efforts of men who purchased a freedom for Americans that has last (sic) close to seventy years

Because, don't you know, WWII was all about American freedom. Poland? Czechoslovakia? France? Norway? Don't bother me with details.

Because, don't you know, WWII was all about American freedom. Poland? Czechoslovakia? France? Norway? Don't bother me with details.

Yeah, that's weird. Exactly what freedom were they supposed to be "purchasing" for Americans that they didn't already have?* I guess the Axis would have moved on to (mainland) Americas if given the opportunity, but they had to be pretty low on the priority list in the grand scheme of things.

*I must be teh awesome because I can manage to end questions with actual question marks :roll:

Archived