IGNORED

I can hardly contain my joy - it's Titus 2 lecture day!

GenerationCedarchip

Apparently, there is a series of blogs haranguing encouraging women in their Titus2 walk. I haven't been able to make it through all 6 so some may not be bad, but I thought this one was pretty special:

proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com/2011/08/titus-2-series-sober-minded-women.html

Links to all the others follow.

So glad I got out of bed today. Titus2 is always such an encouragement to me (for snark!).

Titus2 adds pure sunshine to my life and has a special chapter in my gratitude diary!!!

Verses 9 and 10 of Titus 2 are especially helpful to me. I work diligently with my slaves every day to teach them not to talk back to me . . . :mrgreen:

"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, 10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive."

Verses 9 and 10 of Titus 2 are especially helpful to me. I work diligently with my slaves every day to teach them not to talk back to me . . . :mrgreen:

"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, 10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive."

Thank you for this advice. I will purpose to witness this verse towards those in my employ, as they feel like slaves, or so they say.

Kendall enjoys it too, a true learning moment:

thefatherknowsbest.com/2011/08/titus-2-mentoring-series.html

I can totally see a fundie woman embracing this:

"Teach slaves wives to be subject to their masters husbands in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, 10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive."

Or:

"Teach slaves children to be subject to their masters fathers in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, 10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive."

For cat-owners:

"Teach slaves humans to be subject to their masterscats in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, 10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior the superiority of cats attractive."

Maybe I should look into a second career as a fundie preacher. This twisting the Bible thing is ridiculously easy.

I can totally see a fundie woman embracing this:

"Teach slaves wives to be subject to their masters husbands in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, 10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive."

Or:

"Teach slaves children to be subject to their masters fathers in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, 10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive."

For cat-owners:

"Teach slaves humans to be subject to their masterscats in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, 10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior the superiority of cats attractive."

Maybe I should look into a second career as a fundie preacher. This twisting the Bible thing is ridiculously easy.

Well considering that the wife is listed among the property one should not covet (The Ten Commandments), I would say you're not far off with the above reading sadly.

Here's a list of their topics:

Far Above Rubies-Keeper at Home

The Modest Mom--Being Chaste

Raising Mighty Arrows--Being Discreet

Cultivating Home--Loving Your Children

The Legacy of Home--Being Obedient to Your Husband

Simple Country Life--Loving Your Husbands

She left out sobriety. I guess we can all go tie one on.

Here's a list of their topics:

Far Above Rubies-Keeper at Home

The Modest Mom--Being Chaste

Raising Mighty Arrows--Being Discreet

Cultivating Home--Loving Your Children

The Legacy of Home--Being Obedient to Your Husband

Simple Country Life--Loving Your Husbands

She left out sobriety. I guess we can all go tie one on.

Sadly, no. Wise Woman herself was blogging about sobriety. Supposedly. Somehow it turned into this blog about how being sarcastic isn't "sober" (dang, I'm screwed) and then all this stuff about the attacks of Satan and I'll admit that I started skimming at that point. I grew up hearing way too many things about attacks of Satan being behind everything from war to the garbage disposal clogging up and shooting coffee grounds into the ceiling while all the kids are screaming and the dog's puking in the bathroom.

Sadly, no. Wise Woman herself was blogging about sobriety. Supposedly. Somehow it turned into this blog about how being sarcastic isn't "sober" (dang, I'm screwed) and then all this stuff about the attacks of Satan and I'll admit that I started skimming at that point. I grew up hearing way too many things about attacks of Satan being behind everything from war to the garbage disposal clogging up and shooting coffee grounds into the ceiling while all the kids are screaming and the dog's puking in the bathroom. For that reason, I tend to think the phrase "attacks of Satan" gets a little overused in fundie circles.

I can't bring myself to read any of them. I can't come up with a single thing these women could possibly offer me. When I need encouragement, I got to strong, independent women who've been in my shoes. Or, at least to someone I love and trust who knows me as an individual person.

Archived