IGNORED

Happy 17th Mary-Elizabeth Arndt

0 kids n not countin

IMG_20140105_161212.jpg

The Arndt Birthday girl is 17 today.

Where are mommy & daddy?

Arghhhhhhhhh the penguin sweater!!! It burns my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!

No cake in Mummy and Daddy's bed?

I'm stunned. Truly stunned. You think you know a nut and then they go and flip the script. :shrug:

I'm stunned. Truly stunned. You think you know a nut and then they go and flip the script. :shrug:

Well, that is at least Mom and Dad's bedroom.

And she's a girl. Scripts are always different for girls.

It looks like they used Christmas wrapping paper for her presents.... :think: I feel sorry for people who have their birthday close to Christmas. I remember my sister best friend at school was born on Christmas eve, so she had a Birth Day which was just dinner & cake & then she had her Birthday in the middle of the year & got presents & had a party then.

She's looking older in this pic, much more like a teenager than a child (and nice French manicure Wizzy!)

And that sweater is glorious.

That is a spectacular sweater.

My office is a block from a high school and all the "hipster" kids are wearing random sweaters with Penguins, Unicorns, Cats, etc. (It really pains me to call them hipsters when their main source of transportation is their mom's suburban.) Give her a pair of large dark rimmed glasses and she would fit right in.

Disclaimer - I know penguins are a whole other issue in this family, but it is nice to see ME looking far more normal than her brothers.

This is the first picture I've ever seen of Wizzy where she looks like a teenager. As a high school teacher though, she looks just like any other teenager, from the sweater to the jeans, the hair, and the bracelets. I might place her at 14 or 15 rather than 17, but in most previous pictures, she looked closer to 10-11.

My office is a block from a high school and all the "hipster" kids are wearing random sweaters with Penguins, Unicorns, Cats, etc. (It really pains me to call them hipsters when their main source of transportation is their mom's suburban.) Give her a pair of large dark rimmed glasses and she would fit right in.

Disclaimer - I know penguins are a whole other issue in this family, but it is nice to see ME looking far more normal than her brothers.

It's not a hipster thing - it's just generally a trend among teenagers and almost everyone else. Most teenagers dress like "hipsters" now, but really most of them aren't. You can get sweaters like that at Target.

This is the first picture I've ever seen of Wizzy where she looks like a teenager. As a high school teacher though, she looks just like any other teenager, from the sweater to the jeans, the hair, and the bracelets. I might place her at 14 or 15 rather than 17, but in most previous pictures, she looked closer to 10-11.

^ This. I would also have picked her as 14-15 rather than 17 but it's not far off. It's very shallow of me to say but I think Wizzy is a very pretty young lady.

My daughter is 15 in a few weeks and has a sweater with a large owl and another with a panda. It's normal wear at this age although, as others have commented, this family and penguins ...

Archived