IGNORED

Smack your wife around good reason to elect me.

doggie

Got to love the dude even convicted it was all fake I did not do it and see how brave I was for going through this? look at the bolded what a MRA

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/01/04 ... ican-guts/

As the war on women rages on, one Republican candidate has decided to wear his domestic violence conviction as a badge of honor.

A Maine Republican says he has guts because he was convicted for smacking his wife around.

Erick Bennett is running in a primary challenge against incumbent Susan Collins to be Maine’s next US Senator. According to Bennett, he’s qualified to be a senator because beating his wife makes him brave enough to stand up for “family values.â€

In 2003, Bennett was convicted of domestic violence against his wife, who divorced him after he attacked her. Of course, Bennett denied beating his wife and appealed. But the Maine Supreme Judicial Court upheld his conviction, finding that “the court did not commit clear error or abuse its discretion in excluding irrelevant evidence at trial,†and that “sufficient evidence does exist in the record to support his conviction.â€

In short, Bennett was rightfully found guilty. For his crime, Bennett was put where wife-beaters belong: behind bars. But like many “men†who are violent toward women, Bennett blamed the victim, the law, and the criminal justice system.

Bennett told the Bangor Daily News:

“All that needs to be done is you have to repeat what you wrote down in the police report and that allows the victim to be viewed as a credible witness,†he said. “So basically, if someone writes something down, it doesn’t have to be true. All they have to do is repeat that on the stand. That’s grounds for anyone to be convicted of domestic violence.â€

See? The Maine Republican isn’t to blame at all. His battered ex-wife and those mean ole liberal activists on the courts rigged the system against him. And that’s not all. Bennett also says that smacking his wife around and fighting to overturn his conviction proves he has the guts to be in high public office.

“The fact that I have been jailed repeatedly for not agreeing to admit to something I didn’t do should speak to the fact of how much guts and integrity I have,†he said. “If I go to D.C., I’m going to have that same integrity in doing what I say, and saying what I do, when it comes to protecting people’s rights, as well as their pocketbooks.â€

Man, that is sickening!

I hope this piece of shit gets not a single woman's vote and not that many from men either.

Being a convicted felon and woman abuser is not going to go far in a race unless he gets the MRA or fundy (reformed sinner) vote.

Ah. He seems to be saying he was wrongfully convicted, as opposed to saying beating your wife is a good thing. Still a jerk, though.

Ah. He seems to be saying he was wrongfully convicted, as opposed to saying beating your wife is a good thing. Still a jerk, though.

yes thats true and he is so humble about it. Woman lie and all that.

Archived