IGNORED

Where are you, 4Moms? Did Dougie break you up?

copper

It seems that, mid-2013, posting slowed down for the 4 Moms of Many weekly blog posts: Smockity Frocks, Life In A Shoe, Raising Olives, and The Common Room. The schedule changed and the format primarily became Q&A. One blogger (RO, I believe) went to a less frequent posting schedule. Here recently, it's all stopped, doesn't seem there's been a post since early October.

We all know that LIAS is deeply impacted by Dougiegate. After the annoucement on VF, DHM of the Common Room came out and confessed to having quietly been "not a fan" of His Esquireness. :shifty-kitty:

RO seemed too busy to blog this year.

Smockity sent a DAUGHTER AWAY TO COLLEGE. :clap:

So what happened? Were they out of steam? Out of topics? Differences in convictions coming out as the kids are getting older? You'd think LIAS would want 4moms to continue, keeping her readership up as much as possible while Perry job hunts.. Smockity seems to be moving more and more towards the lite end of the spectrum--kids in sports, co-ops, etc. Again, RO just seems busy. The Common Room still has umpteen posts a day, but it's taken a turn into Evil Media via Korean dramas.

When the format was changed to more Q&As and RO went on a revised posting schedule, the announcement was it's own post. Unless I've missed it, no one's given a "holiday break notice" or even a "it's been good, ya'll" final farewell. Hrm. Where are you 4moms? The other moms of many need your advice! :penguin-no:

Ive missed it. I quite enjoy reading them, and also in my head I answer the questions as a character I created for a story who has 14 kids. :embarrassed:

Its good that Smockity has let her daughter to go college :)

I find the Common Room really boring, most of it is Korean TV shows and fundie stuff that is too boring to even snark on.

You'd think LIAS would want 4moms to continue, keeping her readership up as much as possible while Perry job hunts..

I think Perry's already got another job lined up, though I can't remember where I read it. He shipped the final orders and cleaned out his desk at VF yesterday.

I know Kim mentioned he had some out of town temp work (I think in Dec) but it doesn't sound like he has a job.

I agree, the job does not sound permanent. Which is why the drop off in 4moms is interesting--we've noticed Kim ramping up the every-day posting, the gym equipment sales business, etc. Besides RO, all the other posters seem to be keeping their blogs active, so why quit now? They all helped push Smockity's blog when her husband was out of work.

Also, there was no mention of the 4moms e-book during the Christmas season. Smockity was pushing another book, usually there are "See these other books I've written too!" links. It just makes one wonder--LIAS seemed to have wind of the change beforehand. Did they give a "you might want to cool it on doing 4moms with us" heads up?

Kim hasn't posted in almost 2 weeks, except for a few pics from a family wedding. I am dying to know what is going on in that household. And the family bible page shop on Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/Genevabiblepages has only had 23 sales-- I've been wondering why she hasn't been promoting it on her blog.

• 5 years later...

Resurrecting this really old thread to ask if any of these women are still active online? 

Smockity Frocks posts on Facebook about how churches add to abuse of women when they don't support them during divorcing their abuser. Is she now divorced? 

18 minutes ago, Off the Rails said:

Resurrecting this really old thread to ask if any of these women are still active online? 

Smockity Frocks posts on Facebook about how churches add to abuse of women when they don't support them during divorcing their abuser. Is she now divorced? 

Life in a shoe is the Coghlan family right? You can find a lot about them online still. And Deanna came to visit FJ a year or so ago. She’s now pregnant with twin boys. 

I liked Life in a Shoe. I'll have to look her up again. 

I'm so curious as to whether Smockity Frocks was abused and got divorced. There was another blogger who was always writing about being a submissive wife, who later got divorced because of emotional and spiritual abuse and now blogs about that. Smockity sounds a lot like her in what she posts now. 

1 minute ago, Off the Rails said:

I liked Life in a Shoe. I'll have to look her up again. 

I'm so curious as to whether Smockity Frocks was abused and got divorced. There was another blogger who was always writing about being a submissive wife, who later got divorced because of emotional and spiritual abuse and now blogs about that. Smockity sounds a lot like her in what she posts now. 

I’m no expert on the Coghlans but I have looked over their social media and they don’t seem anything like the VF families of yesterday. They dye their hair pretty out there colors. Lydia is married with two children but I’ve seen pictures of her with a cigarette in her hand so I hope she doesn’t smoke while pregnant or around her babies. Perry and Kim have an amazon business. Deanna doesn’t seem to be super close with her family anymore. She’s married with a daughter and twins on the way. 

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Deanna doesn’t seem to be super close with her family anymore. She’s married with a daughter and twins on the way. 

Deanna has a son Willie not a daughter.

Archived