Her brother paid for them to go on vacation in NYC, along with her parents. Her sister is working for the State Department in Kabul, Afghanistan and she got bombed but is okay. '

Lots of photos, looks like they had a good time and it was good to see the kids having fun with their grandparents. Abigail looks relaxed. They ate out a few times, had a nice hotel room, and went to FAO Schwartz.

Oh, and she likes the new Pope and so does her liberal family. No surprise there...

It was actually nice to see her happy.

Ugh, I missed that. She didn't mention him in the writing, so I was hoping she was...oh, I hate the phrase, but, getting over it.

I went back and counted and they have 7 regular sized stalkings and one tiny stalking (along with 2 that look like they are for cats).

Leo was the second miscarriage, correct? I'm thinking she didn't really get over the first one, either.

Not sure who the tiny stalking is for.

I'm just glad that people who are living in poverty and can't feed their children have the money for a gym membership! Only the best for Hypocrite Abigail! :angry-banghead:

Edited for clarity--New Year's Eve kicked my ass!

I am glad the kids had such a nice trip and nice Christmas. And I'm glad Abigail is looking so much more relaxed.

But...(and I know I am beating a dead horse here) how can you have such a nice house (looks even nicer than I thought from those staircase photos), give your children such large gifts Christmas morning (apparently at least one of her daughters has an American Girl doll?), eat out, dress your children in new church clothes, and still talk about how you live in poverty?

I don't begrudge them any of those things. Just please Abigail, stop saying you are living some ascetic life for your religious convictions. I don't know how the cognitive dissonance hasn't affected even you yet.

Also-- Abigail is writing a book??? :pink-shock:

I'm just glad that people who are living in poverty and can't feed their children have the money for a gym membership! Only the best for Hypocrite Abigail! :angry-banghead:

Edited for clarity--New Year's Eve kicked my ass!

Yes, I suspected budget friendly runs around the neighborhood wouldn't satisfy our Abigail for long. I'm willing to go double or nothing on a personal trainer by the spring.

I guess Abigail joined the gym since she bought workout clothes recently. She also mentioned writing a book, hmm wonder what it is about?

My dreams for 2014 are doable. I want to finish the rough draft of my book by March. I joined a gym. I want to workout often and I want to run a 5k race before October. I want to practice better self care. I want daily tea breaks, dance breaks and lots of cello practice. In the past, I've spent too much time reading about how to be a better Mom/Teacher/Wife. What I learned after this hard year is that if I take the time to nourish myself first, then all the rest of the service roles in my life are easy.

It's good for her to have goals, but practicing "better self care"? When does she NOT take the time to nourish herself first? :?

I guess Abigail joined the gym since she bought workout clothes recently. She also mentioned writing a book, hmm wonder what it is about?

I'm sure it's about Abigail, as everything else in her life is.

This was from a few weeks ago, but it wasn't big enough to make a separate post:

4. Of course, being the geeky Mom I instantly said "We need to be ready for Sochi!" I googled that the Olympic Trials for the US Snowboarding Team are happening this weekend. We will be watching at noon on Saturday! I think a pop quiz on the Shaun White is a good follow up to our homeschool focus on Nelson Mandela this past week.

WTF? In what universe is Shaun White a "good follow up" to Nelson Mandela?

This was from a few weeks ago, but it wasn't big enough to make a separate post:

WTF? In what universe is Shaun White a "good follow up" to Nelson Mandela?

Yeah, that makes no sense whatsoever. I can't think of a single way the two are related.

Maybe she means "It's good to do something upbeat and uncomplicated after grappling with the heartrending stories of apartheid and the struggle to end it"?

Or not.

I can see doing a session on the Olympics where you pick a sport and focus on the country, learn about the culture, maybe cook the food, etc. But Shaun White?

I am glad the kids had such a nice trip and nice Christmas. And I'm glad Abigail is looking so much more relaxed.

But...(and I know I am beating a dead horse here) how can you have such a nice house (looks even nicer than I thought from those staircase photos), give your children such large gifts Christmas morning (apparently at least one of her daughters has an American Girl doll?), eat out, dress your children in new church clothes, and still talk about how you live in poverty?

I don't begrudge them any of those things. Just please Abigail, stop saying you are living some ascetic life for your religious convictions. I don't know how the cognitive dissonance hasn't affected even you yet.

Also-- Abigail is writing a book??? :pink-shock:

They might have been budgeting for the presents and trips but more likely we will hear about how they blew threw their grocer/gas/heating budget to make it all happen. Most american girl dolls are 110 bucks

I was shocked (though I don't know why) when I saw that her daughter had an American Girl doll. I desperately wanted one of those when I was about her daughter's age, but I never seriously asked my parents for one because I knew they were way too expensive. And we weren't supposedly in poverty. We were comfortable middle class, but spending over $100 on a doll seemed out of the question. I'm hoping it was a gift from one of Abigail's family members.

I was shocked (though I don't know why) when I saw that her daughter had an American Girl doll. I desperately wanted one of those when I was about her daughter's age, but I never seriously asked my parents for one because I knew they were way too expensive. And we weren't supposedly in poverty. We were comfortable middle class, but spending over $100 on a doll seemed out of the question. I'm hoping it was a gift from one of Abigail's family members.

Yeah, I am betting Abigail's family funding this entire vacation. As far as Abigail is concerned it's God's money anyway, so her getting her "fair share" is no big deal :cray-cray:

The doll could of been a hand me down. However, this is Abigail we are talking about...I wouldn't be surprised if it was new

What about this one?

A few weeks ago, I had my extended family over for a post-Thanksgiving seafood party. (That how this landlocked West Virginian hosts an event now. "Oh, you are coming to my house? What a great excuse to buy a dozen blue crabs from my favorite foodie paradise!")

The poor people who come into my agency don't get those kind of excuses because they are POOR AND CANNOT GO TO FOODIE PARADISES FOR BLUE CRAB!

A dozen blue crab are going to run well over 100 USD on the East Coast from a no frills fish market. Talk foodie paradise and we are getting closer to 200.

This from a woman who has posted pictures of empty fridges and pantries. She is a shit human being.

They might have been budgeting for the presents and trips but more likely we will hear about how they blew threw their grocer/gas/heating budget to make it all happen. Most american girl dolls are 110 bucks

She mentioned in an advent post that if her husband received any sort of raise/bonus they would expand the Christmas gifts/festivities, so that may have paid for it. I couldn't believe that after a year of her posts about empty cupboards, no winter shoes, and the collectors calling for about her 100,000 in student loans, that is what they were planning to do with a bonus. I know, I know. I shouldn't be shocked by Abigail anymore.

I think the AG doll was either a gift from a relative or Abigial stupidly splurged on a new doll. She once a bought a $20 toy when one of her kids got a very minor injury and it was during a time when they didn't have much money in the bank.

I think the AG doll was either a gift from a relative or Abigial stupidly splurged on a new doll. She once a bought a $20 toy when one of her kids got a very minor injury and it was during a time when they didn't have much money in the bank.

I truly, truly despise Abigail, but as a formerly very, very poor person this conversation disturbs me. Kind of like why the person using food stamps is wearing a nice coat or has a good haircut or is buying a birthday cake.

I don't mind Abigail as much as the bloggers who beat their children. She truly loves her kids. I just wish she would stop whining and put her kids in public school. Or private Catholic school.

I truly, truly despise Abigail, but as a formerly very, very poor person this conversation disturbs me. Kind of like why the person using food stamps is wearing a nice coat or has a good haircut or is buying a birthday cake.

It's not the fact that she's poor and she (may have) bought her child an expensive doll. It's that she waxes on and on about how she's in poverty but she clearly is NOT. She's just really bad at managing money, possibly willfully, because she seems to be able to afford plenty of treats for herself (cello rental, hanging out in cafes, new TV, kitchen remodel, etc). It's the same as her claiming to be infertile because she once went two years without getting pregnant, or saying she was abused and abandoned as a child because her mother put her in day care and fed her fish sticks.

Archived