IGNORED

Laura "Unmasking Feminism" got under my skin

Hisey

I do think that Laura from Unmasking Feminism is a very sad person. She always sounds so sad. At one point, she encouraged women to think of themselves as "small and dirty." How depressing is that?

However, tonight's post pissed me off. I should warn you that it might be triggering even to read about it.

She posts a news article about a father who was in a custody battle with his wife over their three-year old son. So he throws the son off the top of the building. The son survives, but dies later. The cowardly murdering father kills himself by jumping off a building, too. Terrible, terrible story.

What does Laura title her post? "Fuck. This is why we needs men's rights."

Apparently, men's rights would have prevented this problem. How, I do not know. Because the wife would be unable to file for divorce? Because all children would automatically go to the father's custody? Because the man would be allowed to beat his wife into submission?

I don't get the point of the anti-feminist vs feminist cartoon she posts. Firstly, there are plenty of feminists out there who wear pretty dresses, drink cocktails and have nice computers, and secondly I'd think the anti-feminist wouldn'twear that dress because it would be deemed immodest, wouldn't drink because it's not ladylike, and wouldn't have an "opple" computer because she wouldn't be allowed to express herself.

Fuck that shit. In a custody dispute, the only rights that matter are the rights of the child. Anybody who is so unstable and violent that they think killing their toddler is the solution is clearly an unfit parent and should not have custody or unsupervised visitation until and unless they get their mental issues under control.

And without reading more on the case, I still think I can say with reasonable certainty that this move didn't come out of nowhere. Reasonable people, no matter how unhappy or depressed, do not kill their children. If the custody dispute was that acrimonious, that has got to have been a contributing factor.

However, tonight's post pissed me off. I should warn you that it might be triggering even to read about it.

She posts a news article about a father who was in a custody battle with his wife over their three-year old son. So he throws the son off the top of the building. The son survives, but dies later. The cowardly murdering father kills himself by jumping off a building, too. Terrible, terrible story.

What does Laura title her post? "Fuck. This is why we needs men's rights."

I just finished having a peek at her site before coming here, and was about to create a topic about that very post because it pissed me right the hell off, too!!

We need men's rights so that, what?.... so that men don't dash their "property" to pieces when they're not getting their own way?

Fuck that shit. In a custody dispute, the only rights that matter are the rights of the child. Anybody who is so unstable and violent that they think killing their toddler is the solution is clearly an unfit parent and should not have custody or unsupervised visitation until and unless they get their mental issues under control.

And without reading more on the case, I still think I can say with reasonable certainty that this move didn't come out of nowhere. Reasonable people, no matter how unhappy or depressed, do not kill their children. If the custody dispute was that acrimonious, that has got to have been a contributing factor.

From what I remember (someone correct me if I'm wrong), the father didn't lose custody because he wasn't violent towards the child. However, he told the mother that he would take the child away from her, and make her so grief-stricken that she would kill herself. It definitely did not come out of nowhere.

From what I have read, this was the father's first unsupervised visit that was allowed, so obviously it didn't come out of the blue. :(

Horrific.

Archived